Mazikeen

First Name
Carol
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Cayenne, '22 Taycan
Country flag
I opted to keep the 19" Aero wheels (discussion for a different thread!) and one of my friends said they looked like hubcaps. I definitely had to change that perception. Below are the before and after pics of the wheels.

Wheels.jpeg

20220105_175206.jpg
Advertisement

DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I opted to keep the 19" Aero wheels (discussion for a different thread!) and one of my friends said they looked like hubcaps. I definitely had to change that perception. Below are the before and after pics of the wheels.

Wheels.jpeg

20220105_175206.jpg
I'm surprised at how awesome I think it looks. Nice job!

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
That is a remarkable transformation.

When painted black, the light on the different surface angles makes them look less plain and far more sporty. 👌

OP
OP
Mazikeen

Mazikeen

First Name
Carol
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Cayenne, '22 Taycan
Country flag
I think it looks good. I have black vinyl that I'm going to wrap the wheel with.
I thought about vinyl but there wasn't anyone in my local area to do it.

Would like to see how yours turn out!

artdept

Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y
Country flag
I did not like the aero wheels before, but these black ones look nice. good work

artdept

Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y
Country flag

Noody

Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
Outstanding!!! 👏🏻

I’ll be getting my Turbo Aeros treated similarly.

Porsche’s highway robbery strategy of making you drop over £2k on brake upgrades you don’t need so you can then spend £800+ to get them painted black sucks. Making you spend another £1500 minimum to have a 21’ wheel they’ll paint is criminal. Meanwhile black wheels are a no/little cost option on just about any £100k equivalent motor! Only way you can get a 20’ wheel in black is to buy a GTS. Ok Frans! 🤷‍♂️

Great job👍🏻

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mazikeen

Mazikeen

First Name
Carol
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Cayenne, '22 Taycan
Country flag
Outstanding!!! 👏🏻

Porsche’s highway robbery strategy of making you drop over £2k on brake upgrades you don’t need so you can then spend £800+ to get them painted black sucks. Making you spend another £1500 minimum to have a 21’ wheel they’ll paint is criminal. Meanwhile black wheels are a no/little cost option on just about any £100k equivalent motor! Only way you can get a 20’ wheel in black is to buy a GTS. Ok Frans! 🤷‍♂️

Great job👍🏻
That is part of the reason I didn't get the mission E wheels.

Noody

Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
That is part of the reason I didn't get the mission E wheels.
Too Bugsy Malone for me, but some gorgeous cars kicking around on them! The joy of individualisation!

Won’t lie, was pretty 😭 when the GTS was launched and the Spyder wheels became an option on the 4S. I suspect they’ll be heavily selected!

I love the red calipers, why would I pay to have them painted! 🤷‍♂️

dutchcourage

First Name
Duco
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s
I also ordered my taycan with standard wheels. Not because I like them but I would rather spent my money on other options. Before delivery, June, I will have the wheels sprayed. Thinking of this:

1642026004384.png
]

but best would be when these wheels would be available

1642026054169.png

Noody

Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
I also ordered my taycan with standard wheels. Not because I like them but I would rather spent my money on other options. Before delivery, June, I will have the wheels sprayed. Thinking of this:

1642026004384.png
]

but best would be when these wheels would be available

1642026054169.png
I’d just copy Mazikeen, 😂, have fun deciding 👍🏻

FMO

Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S, Taycan RWD (on order)
Country flag
Outstanding!!! 👏🏻

Great job👍🏻
I’m really keen to see what turbo Aeros painted black looks like! Have been thinking about this as well - I have volcano grey with white PSCB callipers under turbo aero … I just want to lose the silver as the rest of the finishes are gloss black - so please post when you do!

Advertisement

SRM Autosports
Advertisement