optik382

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2023 XC90 PHEV, 2022 Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I also ordered my taycan with standard wheels. Not because I like them but I would rather spent my money on other options. Before delivery, June, I will have the wheels sprayed. Thinking of this:

1642026004384.png
]

but best would be when these wheels would be available

1642026054169.png
I think the one on the bottom is awesome... it looks kinda like the 911 wheels from the early 90s and makes it looks even more like a Porsche. I think the full black is not quite as fun and at first glance give you a little bit of a Model 3 vibe. About where I live lots of M3P are spec'd with blue body and black wheels.

OP
OP
Mazikeen

Mazikeen

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Cayenne, '22 Taycan
Country flag
I also ordered my taycan with standard wheels. Not because I like them but I would rather spent my money on other options. Before delivery, June, I will have the wheels sprayed. Thinking of this:

1642026004384.png
]

but best would be when these wheels would be available

1642026054169.png
The standard wheels are not the "sexist", but like you, I put that money towards other options and aftermarket additions. Besides the wheels, I've had ppf installed and thinking about changing the yellow side markers to the clear ones other forum members have.
Next is the window tint.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
OP
OP
Mazikeen

Mazikeen

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Cayenne, '22 Taycan
Country flag
@Adrian@GlasWerksDMV developed those with help from Forgeline and a Porsche master mechanic. He designed a dark version as well:
tempImage0rSKRX.jpg
I saw the thread Adrian@GlasWerksDMV started showing the ppt project with colored wrap. I used to live in the DMV (2016-2018). If they were in busy and I had known, I might have had them do some custom work on my Cayenne.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I think it looks good. I have black vinyl that I'm going to wrap the wheel with.
I suppose on a car where a lot of the braking in normal driving will be regenerative you may get away with it, but the wheels of a sports car driven they way they are intended ;) get too hot for vinyl it will melt and may even catch fire.
Probably OK if you don't drive it hard but IMO a suitable paint is the safest option.
It is an expensive car probably best not to go cheapskate on it.
IMHO of course.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I suppose on a car where a lot of the braking in normal driving will be regenerative you may get away with it, but the wheels of a sports car driven they way they are intended ;) get too hot for vinyl it will melt and may even catch fire.
Probably OK if you don't drive it hard but IMO a suitable paint is the safest option.
It is an expensive car probably best not to go cheapskate on it.
IMHO of course.
100% valid point that the heat could cause deformities and worse. I think I have a higher chance of the sun causing a problem with the wrap than the way I drive. Those aggressive / track days are not returning for another two decades.

Noody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
I’m really keen to see what turbo Aeros painted black looks like! Have been thinking about this as well - I have volcano grey with white PSCB callipers under turbo aero … I just want to lose the silver as the rest of the finishes are gloss black - so please post when you do!
Not mine, it’s back in pre delivery stealth mode ?, but found online.
Porsche Taycan Taycan Aero Wheels Painted Black 7B7B3E35-1B5E-4159-8829-005984E4D6A8
Porsche Taycan Taycan Aero Wheels Painted Black F2763B91-1FD2-4829-9A32-6471385890B3

Hessam001

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
What tires do you guys recommend for 22” wheels on a Taycan 4s
Front wheel 22 x 9
Rear wheel 22 x 10.5
I was thinking about going 35 series for the front because I want some extra tire for the pot holes
What do you think of these tires below, do you think it will rub?
Front: 275/35R22 or 265/35R22
Rear: 305/30R22

David4Cross

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Just wanted to share my take on the aero wheels.
I will call this my range setup and Sport Plus with the 21” Vossen HF5 😊
I used Plastidip on the center part of the wheel and a lot of masking tape. Looks pretty good if you ask me.
We will go to the Alps next week and wanted max range and some extra safety in case of bad roads or maybe some gravel roads. I won’t mind scratching the aero wheels that much compared to the Vossen.
Porsche Taycan Taycan Aero Wheels Painted Black 1
Porsche Taycan Taycan Aero Wheels Painted Black 2
Porsche Taycan Taycan Aero Wheels Painted Black 3
Porsche Taycan Taycan Aero Wheels Painted Black 4
Porsche Taycan Taycan Aero Wheels Painted Black 5
Porsche Taycan Taycan Aero Wheels Painted Black 6

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I think the basic wheels painted in the alternating pattern is excellent!
Sponsored