Taycan and Wifi

EVOG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Is it possible to connect the car to ones home WiFi? Also does Hotspot work for anyone?
Sponsored

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Is it possible to connect the car to ones home WiFi? Also does Hotspot work for anyone?
Dont´ think you can connect to a external wifi network..
You pay arround $20/month for 7GB data for the hot spot, wifi-calling and music streaming..

Benjamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Twingo
Country flag
No, it is not possible. The manual says it is possible; but the option to search for a wifi hotspot nearby is not showing up.

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Roadster, taycan turbo
Country flag
No, it is not possible. The manual says it is possible; but the option to search for a wifi hotspot nearby is not showing up.
Whoa.. Yeah that would not be good having no WIFI connection to home WIFI.
Do any Porsche Taycan folks watch these forums? Can we escalate the issue via a Porsche Support channel?

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Do any Porsche Taycan folks watch these forums? Can we escalate the issue via a Porsche Support channel?
I see you are in Montana, not many fast chargers I can find, planning a trip out west, if you find any can post them or let me know, been through all the apps all I could find were
Flying j town pump
Electrify America
122000 West Browns Gulch Road, Butte, Mt
(Middle)
Dell mercantile
Electrify America
24 Main Street, Dell, MT,
(South)
Walmart
Electrify America
3555 Mullan Road, Missoula, MT, 59808
(Middle south)
Harley Davidson free
540 Alaska Frontage Road, Belgrade, MT
South east)
thanks

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I see you are in Montana, not many fast chargers I can find, planning a trip out west, if you find any can post them or let me know, been through all the apps all I could find were
Flying j town pump
Electrify America
(Middle)
Dell mercantile
Electrify America
(South)
Walmart
Electrify America
(Middle south)
Harley Davidson free
South east)
thanks
Walmart
Electrify America
Isn't that one a 350kw?
Attached is what my EA says.. Am i wrong on this?

Porsche Taycan Taycan and Wifi Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 12.50.06 PM

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Flying j town pump
Electrify America
(Middle)
Dell mercantile
Electrify America
(South)
Walmart
Electrify America
(Middle south)
Harley Davidson free
South east)
thanks
Yeah all of the chargers in MT that I bring up have 2-3 CCS 350kw chargers.. Am I not understanding the chargers?

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Yeah all of the chargers in MT that I bring up have 2-3 CCS 350kw chargers.. Am I not understanding the chargers?
You are right, I am looking for others besides what I mentioned, to drive across Montana

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You are right, I am looking for others besides what I mentioned, to drive across Montana
Seems like one route through Missoula where I am then up through Idaho and Spokane Over to Seattle.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The LTE cost is based on whatever SIM you put in there, and will vary greatly by country. I just have another line for my family plan, so
What do you need the car connected to WiFi for? It's not going to do OTA, and even if they eventually do, expect maybe one a year, because following actual automotive SPICE process for things...

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi Don @louv, doesn't the Taycan attach to WiFi to perform OTA updates for navigation? Or is that all the with cellular?

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
The LTE cost is based on whatever SIM you put in there, and will vary greatly by country. I just have another line for my family plan, so

What do you need the car connected to WiFi for? It's not going to do OTA, and even if they eventually do, expect maybe one a year, because following actual automotive SPICE process for things...
There are no SIM slot in the Taycan..

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It's an eSIM now. Porsche Connect is probably still AT&T in the US. It's going to be different in every country how Porsche Connect is billed and handled.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
I live in Spain and own a Mercedes E63S. It does do OTA updates of the maps and minor software issues. It informs you when an update has been made. However, all major software updates are done at the dealer and when there are major updates to several systems and controllers, the update software can take up to 6 hours ! Granted, the speed of their connection may be slow. What I am getting to is that major updates should be done at the dealer because they decide whether each sub-system should be upgraded or not, as they have service information with comments from all the network. Aside from that, they must test-drive the vehicle after all major updates that involve any safety-related system. My car has almost 100 controllers with all the extras and functionalities. Today each front seat for instance has its own controller ! Not only for position memory, but also heating and ventilation, lumbar pneumatic support and massage functions for instance. The complexity involved in a modern car is unthinkable ! I hope to offend no one by posting a couple of photos from this machine. Sorry - could be off-topic and hopefully not against rules. I will be keeping this gas guzzler when I receive the Taycan for travelling with lots of luggage and no range anxiety depending on destination. The Taycan will be used for for short weekend trips and for city duties except when needing to haul serious volumes. My Taycan Turbo S is going to be my first Porsche.

Porsche Taycan Taycan and Wifi IMG_9414

Porsche Taycan Taycan and Wifi IMG_9415

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Dont´ think you can connect to a external wifi network..
You pay arround $20/month for 7GB data for the hot spot, wifi-calling and music streaming..
What would be the point of this, if you already have a phone that can make calls, access the internet, and stream music to the car?
Sponsored