Taycan App?

moneymil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X7
Country flag
Is there an iPhone app specially for the Taycan? Something that can be used to precondition the car check battery status, etc?
Anything like Tesla’s sentry mode available?
Sponsored

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Please... NO. MORE. APPS!

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Are we okay with that? Should we expect something better? This is my first Porsche but if the connected app is anything like BMWs, meh.
Yes, it's like the BMW Connected app, in that it provides similar features: Location of car, preconditioning, current state of charge, etc.

But it also provides some trip planning by finding DC charging stations along your route. Note: this feature only works sometimes, in the 4 destinations I tried, it failed with two, and with one dropped me at my destination with 0% charge, and no charging stations nearby.

It's not my favorite app ever... it's hard to tell the difference between text elements and buttons. (meaning: I spent days with the app before I realized it had additional features that I had overlooked because I thought the "links" were just static text.)

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Anything like Tesla’s sentry mode available?
No, nothing like Sentry Mode. But there are "Alarm Modes". Valet Mode Alarms to alert you if the vehicle leaves a geo-fenced area, or if it exceeds a certain speed.
Sponsored