Taycan at FOS Goodwood

hawc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf R
Country flag
Again......same mule body.
Oh man, I can't wait to the final reveal so you'll see just how wrong you are.

This is 100% the final body. Not a mule.

Unless you consider something with a few strips of camo tape to be a mule.
Sponsored

hawc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf R
Country flag
I can't decide if I find this design stunning or generic. It's so understated and so totally Porsche. Can't wait to see it in all its glory.

edouard356

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne '16; Porsche 911 GTS '19
Country flag
I like it from this angle:)

Porsche Taycan Taycan at FOS Goodwood 1816A469-76AA-4F33-9C9A-0241A138FD24

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
89 Turbo, BMW M6 Competition, 87 Turbo SN, BMW X5, Turbo S, BMW 4, BMW 2, Audi A5
Country flag
I agree with GreggT. If the Taycan's body looks like the mules, Porsche has missed a big opportunity. A lot of people put down deposits with expectations of the "E" body style. Wide rear hips and aggressive style. As I said before I am hoping the Turbo S has the aggressive wide rear hips.

GyAkUsOu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A1 GB
Country flag
I agree with GreggT. If the Taycan's body looks like the mules, Porsche has missed a big opportunity. A lot of people put down deposits with expectations of the "E" body style. Wide rear hips and aggressive style. As I said before I am hoping the Turbo S has the aggressive wide rear hips.
There's no chance imo that Porsche will produce a Taycan with an extra-wide body. They stopped doing this with the 911. No way they will introduce different body sizes with the Taycan.

The car we saw at Goodwood Festival is the production model (with a couple of stickers)

Shoey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Diesel, Cayman GTS, BMW i3
Country flag
And Panamera. Not that easy to compare from these images but in terms of rear width & flanks it looks like the Taycan sits in between the Mission e and the Panamera which by now I suppose we all already know

Porsche Taycan Taycan at FOS Goodwood 7061826D-4B44-4CEA-9EA3-EC82A98E0248

robox

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5/ Maloo
Country flag
I've been saying this from the start. People that see this as a small Panamera are extremely narrow-minded.
Raek, get one of your computer mates (or if you haven’t got any) someone you know, to transpose the Taycan headlights and air vent slot on to a Panamera image
Hopefully this would allow you (if ‘your’ not too narrow-minded) to see the similarities fellow members have suggested
By the way, did it really take you 6 months to figure out the LED strips on the front bumper might just be stickers? Or was that post a joke?
If not, (Heads up) The reddened areas surrounding the tail light strip are also stickers

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I like all Porsche models, some more than others but overall, yes I like them all.
The only model of Porsche I don't like is the first series of the Panamera, also known as the hungeback of Notre Dame.
But Porsche wouldn't be Porsche if they wouldn't be listening to their customers.
So they redesigned the back which is much better now.
I've stopped looking at the Mission E and focus on the Taycan cuz that's what's it all about.
In my opinion, the Taycan is actually what I want a Panamera to look like.
It's also nice to see design elements of the Mission E have been used.
After letting the Mission E go, the Taycan starts to grow on me.
Like I started this comment as "I like all Porsches", I think the Taycan is no exception.
Do I like it enough to actually buy it?
I'm not quite sure yet.
It all depends on 4th of September or in my case, the actual live meeting with the Taycan at the IAA in Frankfurt.

PS I really enjoy this journey from concept to first spy shots to presentation of the production model...

edouard356

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne '16; Porsche 911 GTS '19
Country flag
There's no chance imo that Porsche will produce a Taycan with an extra-wide body. They stopped doing this with the 911. No way they will introduce different body sizes with the Taycan.

The car we saw at Goodwood Festival is the production model (with a couple of stickers)
Yep, I agree, the stickers and some camo. I think the horse has left the barn on this topic:)

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Raek, get one of your computer mates (or if you haven’t got any) someone you know, to transpose the Taycan headlights and air vent slot on to a Panamera image
Hopefully this would allow you (if ‘your’ not too narrow-minded) to see the similarities fellow members have suggested
By the way, did it really take you 6 months to figure out the LED strips on the front bumper might just be stickers? Or was that post a joke?
If not, (Heads up) The reddened areas surrounding the tail light strip are also stickers
*you're

Also, not too sure of what you're talking about, Lieutenant McStalky...but, if I did make a reference to those LED strips (and the side stickers) it was certainly in jest.

Shoey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Diesel, Cayman GTS, BMW i3
Country flag
I thought this image of your ‘ misson E’ was floated as an image of the production Taycan by Porsche in their teasers release?
Are those front guards not mirrors we see sticking up above the rear fenders?
True, I assumed that was the Mission e with door mirrors added and not the Taycan

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You bet
Country flag
I’m not sure why we are fighting here.
We are either going to buy the car or not.
The final product of course will look better than the mule, but we can see it will be no mission E.

It’s clear this is more sedan and less sports sedan. This is fine with some and not others.

For me personally, I am looking forward to the new C8 corvette reveal in a weeks time as well as the GT4 “touring” model being unmasked ( I’ve been denied a GT4 allocation)

The Taycan is not what I want, but I can’t argue or deny it’s exactly what others want.
Either way, the deposits are refundable.

Lost time is expected with any hobby. This is far from the worst offender.
I’m still waiting for my Nissan iDX, my Toyota SFR and my Honda HSV. All had forums and I’ve spent numerous hours there.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
You guys think those huge, ugly rear tail lights are just tape? They seem identical on all the Taycans in the photos... Why go to that effort?
Sponsored