Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD due in June
Country flag
Personally, I thought the Tesla Premium Audio was really good. So I was excited to find the specs on Bose indicated it may be even better, but I wasn’t really able to test it out at the dealership because I couldn’t get my Bluetooth to connect to the car...and on the FM radio it sounded less than desirable.

I figure there’s more than few on this forum who previously had Tesla Premium and now have a Taycan with Bose - so I’d love your vote and thoughts on the differences.

...also, I did try finding comparisons on the forum but most comparisons were between Bose/Burmeister or Taycan Bose vs other Porsche Model Bose. Thanks!
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
while the bose in the taycan isn't bad, and I have terrible hearing, I think the tesla premium is just a bit better

Pll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just switched from Model 3 Performance to a Taycan with Bose and I'd agree. It's definitely good enough but I'd also say the Tesla might be better, clearer a little bit.

Nevertheless the Bose is more than good for me and I couldn't justify even a 1000$ upgrade to "better" sound then what Bose delivers.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Interesting, so what kind of stereo is in a premium audio Tesla? I’m no audio guy, I like loud music snd that’s why I went Bose. I don’t hear any distortion and consider Bose to be a mid 2 high quality system.

Pll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I know they got help from „Sinn“ when they did the model s but I assume it was completely in-house for the model 3.

would be interesting to know how much Bose or Burmester really are in charge of the development or if they are more like delivering parts and brand name mostly.

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I know they got help from „Sinn“ when they did the model s but I assume it was completely in-house for the model 3.

would be interesting to know how much Bose or Burmester really are in charge of the development or if they are more like delivering parts and brand name mostly.
It’s designed and developed by Bose in partnership.

skarpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've only just begun experimenting with the Bose sound system. Coming from Tesla Premium Sound, I feel that Tesla's done a pretty good job.
Better sound quality, better EQ etc. Bose surround mode is ok, a bit curious what Taycans standard sound sounds like in retrospect...

OP
OP
Taycan24

Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD due in June
Country flag
I've only just begun experimenting with the Bose sound system. Coming from Tesla Premium Sound, I feel that Tesla's done a pretty good job.
Better sound quality, better EQ etc. Bose surround mode is ok, a bit curious what Taycans standard sound sounds like in retrospect...
Thanks. I’m still 2 months from delivery but have lowered my expectations of the Bose. I as well I’m curious what standard sounds like, as I thought Bose sounded very “standard” at the dealer

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had 2012 Model S with premium audio. After an update added a simple EQ, I feel it was possible to dial in good sound up to a reasonable volume limit. It did not have enough power to rock the neighborhood. Taycan with Bose - I can't seem to dial in quite as good of sound given the controls exposed, but it has more punch and more power reserves than the Model S. It's still good enough that I consider the upgrade cost for Burmeister to be too high.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Standard not great. I had premium audio w/sub in a Tesla and it was good for what it was. Bose in Taycan has the edge especially when operating a max/near max volume.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Having not yet taken delivery of my Taycan I don't have anything to compare though I did listen to both the Bose and the Burmester at the dealer with some tunes via Bluetooth. Frankly, I found the difference negligible and hardly worth the $5400 upcharge for the Burmester. That being said, in my 1998 911 993, I rarely listened to the stereo--the sounds of the flat-six engine were music to my ears!

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Having not yet taken delivery of my Taycan I don't have anything to compare though I did listen to both the Bose and the Burmester at the dealer with some tunes via Bluetooth. Frankly, I found the difference negligible and hardly worth the $5400 upcharge for the Burmester. That being said, in my 1998 911 993, I rarely listened to the stereo--the sounds of the flat-six engine were music to my ears!
Now you have “sport sound” to look forward to!?

RickDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I only can compare against the Taycan Bose, Tesla was amazing, Bose is great, what is missing is the equalizer feature and easy access to sound settings. I would say that having the EQ in the Bose system, would make it toe to toe with Tesla premium. Now keep in mine that the size of Tesla trunk, makes bass sounds acoustics better.
Sponsored