Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Has anyone else experienced a brake pedal fade/drop, at slower speeds, when parking, leaving a driveway or similar slow speed actions. My Taycan pedal drops about 30%, with no pressure, and then grabs. I understand the "hold" feature, but this is not that, the pedal actual has no resistance, then engages. It happens mostly when pulling into a parking spot, or leaving a driveway/parking lot, onto a street. It causes a bit of panic where you have to accelerate your pedal push, typically pushing it into the Hold feature territory.
Sponsored

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Are you on an incline? The hold feature works on a deep press but it also auto engages when the system detects approaching 0 speed on a higher degree angle of attack

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
It sounds like this is the part of the pedal where you'd normally get entirely regen, but you're instead getting nothing at all.

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
I know the sensation you are referring to - pretty sure its the change from regen to discs only at low speeds. The pedal drops quite a bit after the regen no longer comes into play.

OP
OP

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I routinely experience this as I pull into my underground parking space. I am only guessing, but it presents as if the recuperation which is engaged initially as I turn into the space then disengages and the pedal travels to engage the pads on the rotors.

I have experienced this from day one of ownership and it is somewhat concerning because it seems to occur about 5'-6' feet before I will hit the parking space concrete barrier. It always seems to stop in time without a great deal of pressure. I have never experienced anything like this in the 60+ cars I have owned.
Same feeling. I don't have regen engaged/toggled, I keep it off, but still a bit disconcerting when it occurs since it is not consistent so you can't anticipate when it will occur.

jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, DB9, 599, Denali, X1, Tiguan
Country flag
same exact thing happens to me at the end of my driveway at low speeds. There's a slight decline there and I get the increased pedal travel. It's the transition between the regen and the disc brakes.......

OP
OP

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
same exact thing happens to me at the end of my driveway at low speeds. There's a slight decline there and I get the increased pedal travel. It's the transition between the regen and the disc brakes.......
See attached Porsche Memo from September 2021, take note that the doc indicates the "owner must be informed about" the braking; what gets me is this memo seems to be a CYA memo, and if the owner should be informed, it should have been prior to purchase. I need to be able to rely on a consistent brake pedal, rather than one that is inconsistent and a moving target, the inconsistency could be dangerous approaching a crosswalk or pedestrian or damaging to the car when pulling into a parking spot or down a ramp.
Sponsored

Attachments