First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 taycan 4s
Country flag
final question/response -

i'm not saying i have a soft/limp/etc brake pedal at all times (minds out of the gutters everyone) - i'm saying that when my car has the issue where it won't stop in the heavy water instances - that at those times, the brake pedal has the soft/limp issue. like it's not really attached to anything. then a stop or two later it's fine, as is the braking ability.

i'll digest what you said more thoroughly later and see if it helps with the issue. thanks for helping the community out and reporting back
Sponsored

cccmanhattan

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Reading through that ^ again, I'm thinking what I did braking 5 times to a full stop in short succession somehow accellerated or reset the ‘Brake Refresh’ or Stiff Learning Routine’ functions [insert gutter jokes here]

bluegrassvroom

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 taycan 4s
Country flag
yes but that's regular or constant brake pedal issues. Mine (and others who experienced it) is just in these rainy situations. People who reported that didn't report the rain issues.

what i'm saying to you is - most people who reported almost dying from the lack of brakes in the rain - also had the press-the-brake-pedal-through-the-floorboard issue for that one instance where the braking didn't work

what i'm throwing out to you is - yes you've had braking issues in the rain and the cold - but if you didn't experience ineffective/useless brake pedal during those - maybe it was a different issue

my brake pedal works fine what - 99% of the time? but in the 1% of the time it doesn't work - it's ALWAYS in heavy water conditions (active moderate to heavy rain or puddles form the rain) and the brake pedal is essentially useless during those times. i'm not getting regen, i'm not getting mechanical braking. there's little to no resistance from the brake pedal in those times.

cccmanhattan

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Yeah, when this new rain issue happened to me, the pedal did not go to the floor, I had to press on it a bit harder and the discs felt like they were doing very little, but then grabbed hard and made a horrible shudder / vibration.

If it's letting go entirely, I would have the dealer looking at wheel speed sensors, ABS Units and the booster. The booster has a servo in it that should extend actuate the brakes at teh right point in the pedal travel (the funny whirring groaning sound people talk about). Perhaps that's not acutating properly either on it's own accord or fromsome sensor somewhere giving it bad info.

For me, they literally replaced everythign twice or more and bled the brakes multiple times to get it right.
Sponsored