mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
(And you can hear the grinding.)
Bring it in for service. Porsche changed the part# for the pads. I had grinding with PSCBs. Warranty replaced front rotors with the new pads. No more grinding (noise or feel in the pedal)
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Afair the front axle motors are the same across.. The brake pedal travel has an initial "no op" segment, which just engages the relay/brake light. After that, at normal SoC (not sure exactly where, but below 90%) the travel in the pedal translates directly into deceleration - it feels consistent and very easy to modulate. At high SoC, the braking goes straight to hydraulic and same top segment of the travel produces far less braking force, _and_ is subject to whatever condition the discs (or pads) may be in - wet, superficial oxidation, warmed up etc. (And you can hear the grinding.)

Don't get me wrong, the hydraulic brakes are great - it's just that the muscle memory gets reset; to a casual user, driving this car in seemingly identical conditions would yield inconsistent behavior. I'm still pondering what's the best way to introduce this car to my wife..
There goes my hope that Porsche figured out how to make the EV braking feel consistent across most conditions. Varying regen on Tesla, based on SoC and temperatures, is my pet peeve of Tesla one pedal driving.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Bring it in for service. Porsche changed the part# for the pads. I had grinding with PSCBs. Warranty replaced front rotors with the new pads. No more grinding (noise or feel in the pedal)
When did Porsche change those part#'s? His car is brand new so presumably using latest parts.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Eh, I'll keep an eye out and see how it progresses. Only a few miles so far (<2k), and most of them long distance, I doubt the brake pads are fully bedded in. Thanks for the tip, though!

There goes my hope that Porsche figured out how to make the EV braking feel consistent across most conditions. Varying regen on Tesla, based on SoC and temperatures, is my pet peeve of Tesla one pedal driving.
Take my account with a grain of salt - I'm still learning the car, and the car is probably still tuning itself (only had a couple of longer/overnight charging sessions - and blending is already better than on day 1). It hasn't bothered me, but it reinforces points/threads made by others on the forum previously.

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Exactly what I thought, these numbers ("90%") are used in an isolated manner (in this case - street use). For me PCCBs are for looks (and a bit of confidence when driving the Porsche like a Porsche) :giggle:
Exactly right. That's why I went middle of the road and opted for PSCB's (w/ Mission E wheels). Better brake performance than stock and less brake dust. Will I drive the EV hard enough to warrant their use? Likely not, but think they look great and mentally give me more confidence!
Sponsored