Taycan: Buyer be aware or how to go from soul electrified to soul crushed

First Name
Nikolaos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Apologies in advance for the long entry.

02/24 - Purchased Taycan. Car had issues by the time I arrived home, "Transmission error, Continue driving possible with adjustment", and then "Transmission failure. Park vehicle in a safe place".
02/25 - Car picked by dealership.
02/26 - Dealership cannot communicate with Germany to troubleshoot, servers are down.
02/28 - Dealership cannot troubleshoot until necessary tool is appropriated to remove parts
03/01 - Dealership will order servor motor as that will be the first component to trouble shoot, ETA of part 03/04.
03/07 - Part arrives and troubleshooting begins.
03/08 - Dealership informs me that the part replaced (servo motor) was defective but that additionally the transmission has to be replaced as the issue was not resolved. Expected arrival of transmission from Germany 2 weeks.

Is it acceptable for Porsche dealerships to sell cars they cannot service?
Is it acceptable that they do not disclose that (buyer be aware)?
Can the whole of North America dealership network do not ave a spare part and it has to be delivered from Germany as opposed to be expedited within the 50 states? If that is the case then corporate Porsche made a conscious choice to sell non-serviceable cars without telling their customers!!!!

This car is my dream car. Soul crushed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

OntheDL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X P100D, Porsche Taycan Turbo S (on or
Country flag
Sorry to hear about the struggle. The reality is that everyone is having supply chain issues now, no matter which automotive manufacturer you are talking about. The battery in my Tesla Model X P100D just died completely after 3 years. Wait time for a replacement.....2 months.

I feel ya! No one wants that experience the second they pickup their car. Hopefully it all turns around for you. You've always got that lemon law.

OP
OP
nikolaos.abatzis
First Name
Nikolaos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I understand the supply issues, what I do not understand is the lack of disclosure that you buy the car at your own risk. I guess after the facts I should have asked for a written statement by the dealership that they have available spare parts? Thoughts?

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
Dealers don’t have spare tires let alone complex parts

they also don’t have enough “Taycan certified” technicians, further worsening the problem.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I understand the supply issues, what I do not understand is the lack of disclosure that you buy the car at your own risk. I guess after the facts I should have asked for a written statement by the dealership that they have available spare parts? Thoughts?
I'm not sure I understand. Every purchase you make is at your own risk. The only recourse, if you are unhappy, is the product warranty, and in the case of a car, the applicable lemon law of your state. Depending on the circumstance the dealer/Porsche may consider a buyback, but there is no guarantee of that happening.

Spare parts are scarce for a number of cars at the moment due to the mentioned supply chain issues and it is unlikely that any dealer would keep very expensive, seldom needed, parts in stock "just in case" they mostly rely on relatively quick parts turn around which isn't happening at the moment.

Jraeven

First Name
Joop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo (cab), Cayenne S, AMG GT-C, Audi R8
Country flag
sorry to hear this! Once the car is fixed you will forget the troubles because this is a great car. I live in Belgium and even here it is though to get spare parts for the dealers. My 911 had a broken rear steering motor, had to wait 4 weeks on the spare part. Have a heat exchanger in my swimming pool brken will take 9 month the get a new one. The world has gone crazy!

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Your soul was crushed in 12 days?
And crushed because they couldn't drive their really expensive car for a while during a time when people's souls are crushed due to not being able to afford food due to inflation or that they are actually crushed during a war with Russia.

The struggle is real.

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ugggghh. It must be horrible. I truly hope everything gets sorted out and you get yo enjoy the many amazing qualities of the Taycan. But I believe you should be somehow compensated.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I am not sure I have seen a more insensitive, untimely post on this forum.

Your "soul is crushed" because your car has been in the shop for two weeks??? The world is on fire, and a ship full of Porsches recently caught fire, sank, and took 1,000 or so brand new Porsches to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, but your "soul is crushed" because your car has been in the shop for two freaking weeks??

You need to take a lesson in compassion, patience, and then read the news. Taycan's have had issues, they take time to get proper repairs. Fact of life.

Quit whining to an Internet forum.

Last edited:

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
Rich man in a Rich country issue....If not happy buy American brand they certainly better....(not so sure anyways).

Last edited:
Reactions: Reg
OP
OP
nikolaos.abatzis
First Name
Nikolaos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
And crushed because they couldn't drive their really expensive car for a while during a time when people's souls are crushed due to not being able to afford food due to inflation or that they are actually crushed during a war with Russia.

The struggle is real.
The one does not preclude the other. Not everything distills down to Ukraine and nothing else matters. Please take care and avoid trolling...
Sponsored