Taycan car insurance ( UK ) - in need of some advice!

Johnny73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ( on order ), BMW 740D M Sport ( current ), BMW M6 Gran Coupe ( previous )
Country flag
Hi fellow members

After some quite urgent advice please.

I've finally been given my delivery date of next Friday 12th after the latest STOP campaign drama.

BUT, having now gone to market to source company insurance, I'm hitting a bit of a wall around brokers telling me that a lot of insurers have pulled out of single member company car policies.

Does anyone have any UK-based insurer recommendations or contacts that can offer either a company policy for a sole driver ( we will have 3 or 4 others over the coming months, but it would initially just be me ) OR a personal policy where they will insure a car where I'm not the registered keeper on the V5C and the leasing company is the owner. I've tried Confused.com as a quick guide, but the policies are coming up as over £2k!

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Cheers
John
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi fellow members

After some quite urgent advice please.

I've finally been given my delivery date of next Friday 12th after the latest STOP campaign drama.

BUT, having now gone to market to source company insurance, I'm hitting a bit of a wall around brokers telling me that a lot of insurers have pulled out of single member company car policies.

Does anyone have any UK-based insurer recommendations or contacts that can offer either a company policy for a sole driver ( we will have 3 or 4 others over the coming months, but it would initially just be me ) OR a personal policy where they will insure a car where I'm not the registered keeper on the V5C and the leasing company is the owner. I've tried Confused.com as a quick guide, but the policies are coming up as over £2k!

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Cheers
John
Hmm, not sure. Try Admiral but I only insure the car on a personal policy and don’t run as a company car (I know I’m missing out somewhere but...). LV is another option - I think another forum member went down this route (on another thread).

OP
OP

Johnny73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ( on order ), BMW 740D M Sport ( current ), BMW M6 Gran Coupe ( previous )
Country flag
Hmm, not sure. Try Admiral but I only insure the car on a personal policy and don’t run as a company car (I know I’m missing out somewhere but...). LV is another option - I think another forum member went down this route (on another thread).
Thanks Adrian.

Best quotes on Confused.com were from Admiral. If I picked the leasing company as the owner and registered keeper then the quote was £2.2k, if I picked me as the owner and registered keeper then the quote reduced to £1.5k. Not sure where that increased risk factor comes in! Will also try LV. Thanks again.

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Also try AVIVA & Adrian(very apt) Flux!

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks Adrian.

Best quotes on Confused.com were from Admiral. If I picked the leasing company as the owner and registered keeper then the quote was £2.2k, if I picked me as the owner and registered keeper then the quote reduced to £1.5k. Not sure where that increased risk factor comes in! Will also try LV. Thanks again.
I spoke to Admiral about this as mine is also on lease and going through my ltd company. They said it's fine to put on personal insurance.

I'm the only one whose going to be driving the car.

I would call them or use the online chat on their website.

GileP

First Name
Giles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I use direct line. car leased by company. good price

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Admiral were cheapest for me and didn’t seem to care who the owner of the car was, but if they don’t work for you try NFU, they weren’t too far off the mark for me.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Not got my car yet, but checked insurance before ordering.

Currently with LV and they said they won't cover Taycans.

NFU were expensive.

Admiral came in with a good quote.

Sorry to OP. As mines a personal owned vehicle. Just throwing in my 2p worth.

OP
OP

Johnny73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks so much for the advice. I’ve had a quote from Admiral which was the cheapest, but then my current insurer came back to me and said they would insure the car if I fitted a tracker and was only an extra £200 for the remaining 10 months ( £750 equivalent for the year ). Pretty sure at renewal that will shoot up!! Waiting for Adrian Flux to come back with their quote but doubt they‘ll beat that, but who knows. Thanks again.

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW 435i, X5, Range Rover Sport TDV8
Country flag
As I posted on last thread;

First Point Insurance
Matthew Cattell
Client Manager

Direct Dial: 01604 498866

Mention Alex from Lampadina recommended him.

He insures a lot of Taycans and nobody came close for me. They are also sympathetic to the company car/personal policy scenario?
Sponsored