Taycan charges from 5% to 80% in 22 minutes at 270kw (using Electrify America charger)

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Electrify America's Open Network of Ultra-Fast DC Chargers: First to Charge An 800-Volt Electric Vehicle Battery at 270 Kilowatts

Reston, VA (September 9, 2019) – Electrify America, LLC and Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA) celebrated the first time the Electrify America DC fast charging network was used nearly to its full potential. On September 4, the day of the global launch event, a Porsche Taycan, with its 800-volt architecture, charged at Electrify America’s Bloomsburg, PA charging station. The vehicle charged at a maximum power level of 270 kilowatts, the fastest charging speed for passenger vehicles on the road today.

The vehicle, which drove approximately 250 miles directly from Niagara Falls, utilized Electrify America’s 350 kW chargers to obtain a 5 percent to 80 percent charge in just 22.5 minutes. The feat is significant as it demonstrates the growing capability of electric vehicles, as well as the inherent design of DC fast charging that Electrify America charging sites provide across the U.S.

“When Electrify America was formed, the idea of ultra-fast public charging was still very theoretical, and no 350 kW chargers were available to electric vehicle drivers,” said Giovanni Palazzo, chief executive officer, Electrify America. “Today we are proud to showcase our network’s diligent engineering capability through successful, real world 270 kW DC fast charging examples, finally making ultra-fast public charging a true reality.”

Extensive testing between Electrify America and PCNA helped ensure the Taycan had a successful first ever ultra-fast charge on the network. This effort is paving the way for the many additional electric vehicles – from a variety of automakers – that will be capable of DC fast charging to take advantage of the company’s expansive, high power nationwide network in the future.

Source: https://media.electrifyamerica.com/en-us/releases/75

Porsche Taycan Taycan charges from 5% to 80% in 22 minutes at 270kw (using Electrify America charger) Taycan Electrify America
Sponsored

Last edited:

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
how many of these are there in the wild............?

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
I'm pretty lucky since there is a new '4-pump' 350kw EA just down the street from my office......at a Walmart no less.
I've yet to see a car there. :D

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
I'm pretty lucky since there is a new '4-pump' 350kw EA just down the street from my office......at a Walmart no less.
I've yet to see a car there. :D
My local track has a new 350kW charger about 5 miles down the road. It will be perfect for track days.

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
Question about charging the car at home: does the car have a feature that lets you choose the time for which it will "refill"?

I ask because the cost of electricity at my home drops dramatically after midnight. I'd love to plug it in when I get home, but charge it only from (say) 12:30 to 6:30 every night.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
H
Question about charging the car at home: does the car have a feature that lets you choose the time for which it will "refill"?

I ask because the cost of electricity at my home drops dramatically after midnight. I'd love to plug it in when I get home, but charge it only from (say) 12:30 to 6:30 every night.
have no idea for thenTaycan BUT I would be more than surprised if it did not!! :)

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag

It's a common and legit issue.....i.e. your electric utility providers off-peak rate program is not unusual....so...either the car, the charge connect, or the wired outlet in your garage will have to have that capability. One way or the other it will be do-able.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
The goal is to have 2,000 chargers in the US and Canada by next year. The program and it's cost cost is covered by VW's $2BB settlement in the emissions case. Nice benefit for us EV owners!

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I’d be thinking about one of the 3rd party chargers like https://www.chargepoint.com/drivers/home/

there are plenty of alternatives if Porsche isn’t providing the set of options you want.
They currently show an 'intelligent home manager (currently unavailable)' on the configurator. I talked to my dealer and they don't know when it will be available, but I've ordered it and they will retrofit when available. Definitely will save some money.

randkin

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
930 TC, 997.2 TTS, Panamera TTS, Cayenne GTS, Ferrari 612 OTO
Country flag
Has anyone seen a more detailed map of the So Cal area - Santa Barbara, Ventura, LA and Orange Counties or have a link where I could go to view one? The shorter range than promised has my "range anxiety" peeked. That was one of my main concerns at the onset but when promised 300 miles I was satisfied. Now with 240 miles for the Turbo and even less for the Turbo S I am a lot more concern about the recharge stations convenience/avalibility.

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
Has anyone seen a more detailed map of the So Cal area - Santa Barbara, Ventura, LA and Orange Counties or have a link where I could go to view one? The shorter range than promised has my "range anxiety" peeked. That was one of my main concerns at the onset but when promised 300 miles I was satisfied. Now with 240 miles for the Turbo and even less for the Turbo S I am a lot more concern about the recharge stations convenience/avalibility.
PlugShare app has come in handy many times for various recharging systems.
ElectrifyAmerica app should be useful for Porsche 800V system, but not much there yet.
ChargePoint app displays their commercial chargers
I use them in AL, GA, and FL. Appear to be valid in CA also

randkin

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
930 TC, 997.2 TTS, Panamera TTS, Cayenne GTS, Ferrari 612 OTO
Country flag
PlugShare app has come in handy many times for various recharging systems.
ElectrifyAmerica app should be useful for Porsche 800V system, but not much there yet.
ChargePoint app displays their commercial chargers
I use them in AL, GA, and FL. Appear to be valid in CA also
Thanks will check them out.:)

mod72346

First Name
Mod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
I saw 175kW at 150kW chargers, but at 350kW chargers - it never went over 150kW for me.
Sponsored