NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
As @taycantom mentioned, make sure the desired profile AND timer are active. It might have a bad GPS location and not choose the profile you have configured. Or make sure your timer is set to repeat daily (or at least the days you want it active). Whatever your settings, when the charging screen pops up it should show you both the profile and timer that are going to be applied. If those aren't correct, go figure out why.
Sponsored

Las Vegas Taycan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I have the same problem. I have a timer set and the profile set. With a Maximum of 85% and a minimum of 25%. Only have one timer and one profile checked. And it charges to 100%. This interface is way to strange for anyone to understand. What am i doing wrong.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the same problem. I have a timer set and the profile set. With a Maximum of 85% and a minimum of 25%. Only have one timer and one profile checked. And it charges to 100%. This interface is way to strange for anyone to understand. What am i doing wrong.
Once the care is connected to the charger, look at the center console. It should say both a profile and a timer are active. If it doesn't say both, either a) the profile is not active (bad GPS position or the check box next to it is not checked); or b) the timer is not active (not set for tomorrow or repeat setting is incorrect or set for precondition only, or the check box next to it is not checked); or c) direct charging is active.

PorscheLuvR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (2021)
Country flag
Hi all,

This is the third time it has happened my Taycan to charge do 100% on my home three phase AC charger, despite I have a Home Profile which says no more than 80%. Here's a pic of my centre console display, which shows both, my Home Profile being active and 80% being the limit... and the current charge level.

Does this happen to anybody else?

Also, I've noticed this happens only if my car stays connected to the grid for more than a full day. The Porsche Taycan User Manual states its preferable to keep it connected at all times, if possible, however with the COVID-19 situation I don't leave the house much, hence the guys sits in the garage connected for days.

IMG_0143.jpg
I am having the same issue however it seems to only happen on a Sunny Day as I have a PV system with excess capacity so I feel the car is trying to use that (only Charging at 3kw) however it will ignore the 85% max setting. I feel there is a bug in the optimised charging settings.

PorscheLuvR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (2021)
Country flag
I am having the same issue however it seems to only happen on a Sunny Day as I have a PV system with excess capacity so I feel the car is trying to use that (only Charging at 3kw) however it will ignore the 85% max setting. I feel there is a bug in the optimised charging settings.
Porsche Taycan Taycan charges to 100% despite profile Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 8.06.47 am

Porsche Taycan Taycan charges to 100% despite profile Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 8.07.47 am

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
I think it should say min, not maximum. If you are setting it to something that says maximum you are probably in the wrong spot.

Chuck J

Xsquid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel, Taycan 4s+, 996 C2 Coupe
Country flag
if the car remains plugged in for 30 mins after the expiry of the timer then apparently it will ignore the timer ceiling charge level and charge to 100%.

Porsche Taycan Taycan charges to 100% despite profile 876A9B9F-477E-4C2F-97EE-12140C3458F9

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
is the direct charging on? having direct charging on overrides any profile settings

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
if the car remains plugged in for 30 mins after the expiry of the timer then apparently it will ignore the timer ceiling charge level and charge to 100%.

876A9B9F-477E-4C2F-97EE-12140C3458F9.png
Not my experience. I have a profile, charge min to 50% and I have a timer set charge max to 90%. So it will charge right away to 50%, then it will pause charging and charges to 90% to reach the time set in the timer... Worked well so far...

What exactly did you setup?

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
My experience matches @feye, profile sets the base, then car will charge to timer setting planning for that time, then will remain at that charge no matter how long its plugged in.

Xsquid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel, Taycan 4s+, 996 C2 Coupe
Country flag
My experience matches @feye, profile sets the base, then car will charge to timer setting planning for that time, then will remain at that charge no matter how long its plugged in.
I am in the process of switching to a dual tariff electricity supplier so was trying to get my head around this area. I tried just setting a profile for the selected hours and whilst it said it would charge above the basic setting to 100% it does not seem to wake up and charge.

I will try the combined approach and will see what happens - was not keen on walking up to unplug at 0500 :fingerscrossed:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

876A9B9F-477E-4C2F-97EE-12140C3458F9.png
That's not correct.

Use a timer and a profile to control maximum charge say to 85%.

Proper use is well documented on this forum so please search a little and you will find guidance and videos.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I can also agree with the behavior described by feye (I charge to 85% at 6am and have routinely unplugged well after 9am with the battery obediently charged only to 85%). I got rid of my profile, despite having a time-of-use rate plan and just set one timer for 6am - cheap time for me starts at 9pm and at 240V 40A, 9pm - 6am is plenty of time to charge so the profile with preferred charging times was just redundant.
Sponsored