Taycan Colours

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I am really struggling with selecting my Taycan colour. The good news is I am down to 2 choices the bad news, I am changing my mind like the wind. Here is the ask: Silver or Black. Both look great. I like the stealth look of black but know its harder to keep clean compared to silver. The car will have ppl applied so not too worried by stone chips on the front. However, scratches/blemishes probably show up less on silver. Silver also seems to show the design cues better but not sure if that's just how the photos look...

What do other forum members think? I am interested in anyone that has a black or silver Taycan.
Sponsored

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Get both... silver with black accents and gloss black Mission-E wheels. :p It's not my car, but my color choice is generally anything-but-black.

OP
OP
TAYC4S

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Get both... silver with black accents and gloss black Mission-E wheels. :p It's not my car, but my color choice is generally anything-but-black.
I would get the mission-E wheels if I did not need to upgrade the brakes but I don't want/need the upgraded brakes..

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Definitely silver. If you get the mission E wheels they match without paying extra. Plus I've had a series of black cars, and just got sick of taking care of the swirls/dirt. Silver is the best dirt color by far, and shows off the lines of the car much better than black. I think you really lose a lot of the styling of the car with black.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
shows off the lines of the car much better than black. I think you really lose a lot of the styling of the car with black.
I couldn't disagree more about this. I think Dolomite makes the car look bloated and Black accentuates the sporty curves.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
It’s a forum you’ll always get differing opinions. You’ll regret not going black trust me :cool: If being PPFd you could wash it every other day and not be worried about it being dirty!
Porsche Taycan Taycan Colours FC4EFE22-6ABD-4E74-993A-6EEA08BA4E71

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Definitely silver. If you get the mission E wheels they match without paying extra. Plus I've had a series of black cars, and just got sick of taking care of the swirls/dirt. Silver is the best dirt color by far, and shows off the lines of the car much better than black. I think you really lose a lot of the styling of the car with black.
And I think the styling is too fussy in silver! Black brings out the elegant side ;-)

OP
OP
TAYC4S

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s a forum you’ll always get differing opinions. You’ll regret not going black trust me :cool: If being PPFd you could wash it every other day and not be worried about it being dirty!
FC4EFE22-6ABD-4E74-993A-6EEA08BA4E71.jpeg
It does look beautiful and actually externally looks exactly the same as my config except for the badging on the front doors...Looks great!

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
Silver/Grey has always been my prefered choice of car, shows the lines better. Hence......

My Tubro
Porsche Taycan Taycan Colours 1593128599839

Actual pic's to follow upon imminent delivery

Last edited:

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Also, if you're buying a $130k+ car you should be able to keep it clean. Pick the color you like the best.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Not too many things are more subjective than color. I've had two black cars and they are the best looking paint colors I've ever seen when they are crystal clean and swirl-free. Black will also make the car look smaller and more compact, and yes, it will hide the lines of the car more than any other color. Not much looks better than a crystal clean black car that looks like it's been dipped in liquid black.

My problem with black was basically I couldn't stand seeing the swirl marks on my hood every morning when I walked into my garage. It is by far the worst color for chips, swirls, and any kind of dirt or road debris.

Silver on the other hand, is by far the best in terms of hiding chips, dirt and scratches/swirls. The silver will accentuate the size and lines of the car more than black. It's not as sharp a color when it's clean, but it will look better 90% of the time if you live anywhere it rains or snows. If you live in Arizona or Southern California, or somewhere it never rains and the cars don't get dirty - that's definitely a plus for the black.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
When do you need to decide by?
as there willl be new colors options later in the year

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
When do you need to decide by?
as there willl be new colors options later in the year
When do you need to decide? ........ @Lfcdan Have a chat with your Sales Rep' and ask when the "Vehicle Locked" date is projected to be (Code V210). Once your car hits this status you can not make any futher changes to it.
Sponsored