kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Maybe it was all downhill?

I can’t even get 251 miles between NY and MA without a couple of hours of charging as EA sites never get me charged efficiently and the vehicles don’t seem to come close to spec.
really?
in good driving conditions you should be able to make a 250 mile trip with no more than one 30-40 minute charge stop providing that you started at a high SOC.
A record setting thing for me would be for Porsche 800 support to actually respond with an intelligent answer in under 5 minutes vs half a day and the invariably DUMB response that indicates they never read the message in the first place.
this we can agree on, it appears that Porsche contracts out the support line and their knowledge doesn't go far beyond offering to locate a tow truck.
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Can't you unplug after 29 minutes and start a new session, which will be free?
no, there is a wait period to reinitialize a free charge session. you can go over the 30 minute free limit and you might get billed a couple of dollars or sometimes because EA is so fouled up you do not get charged.

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
no, there is a wait period to reinitialize a free charge session. you can go over the 30 minute free limit and you might get billed a couple of dollars or sometimes because EA is so fouled up you do not get charged.
Actually, a person at EA (once that I called because it wasn’t working) told me you can just unplug and replug back in and the 30m start again

ElGordo

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Turismo (2)
Country flag
Making the trip again tomorrow. My plan is to use all the info to make it as quickly as possible and document it fully. Focus is a single 350kw charging session.
Confirming the 30 min session disco does work.

The only point I was trying to make about getting billed was having pulled the f-ing cable 3-4 times and then getting low charging volumes/rates @350, moving to 150kw and then having to sit there longer is some kind of bullsh&t….

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Actually, a person at EA (once that I called because it wasn’t working) told me you can just unplug and replug back in and the 30m start again
try to do it and report back

Jsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Maybe the short charging duration was because many of the EA chargers were in sketchy areas and the driver didn’t feel safe to charge longer?

Kidding!

Mostly.
Sponsored