Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Has anyone seen similar delays to production dates for non-CT models? I have a June 18 production date for a 4S and no changes to that (yet) on TYD.
It's affecting everything on the assembly lines.
Sponsored

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
They have been prioritizing certain lines - that's why I asked. Macan and Cayenne production has been on hold for several weeks now, with planned resumption at the end of July. 911 production has been (and still is) relatively unaffected - delays have been at ports for TPMS chip installation when not available at the time of production. And Taycans spared so far. My TYD still shows no change and dealer has not heard of any delays at this point affecting non-CT Taycans.

Kevin BM

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera 4-Hybrid (Taycan CT ordered)
Country flag
I’m sure that they are prioritising CT production by at the moment over some other models. I spoke to my OPC the middle of last week and they were still on track for delivery to me in mid July. So watch this space

Runestone

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I got an estimate from my dealer that there was delay of about two weeks. But also that they would get updates of the situation later this week.

RobbieRed

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo
Country flag
Ordered mine end of April was told mid august - then last week got the call I was expecting. Delayed. No confirmed date.
Was told this has a silver lining in that I’ll get the 2022 model. But I suspect that means a price increase? Is that ok, given I had spec’d mine to my maximum and now will have to either find the extra or drop some extras!

Coooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance (sold), Taycan CT4
Country flag
Ordered mine end of April was told mid august - then last week got the call I was expecting. Delayed. No confirmed date.
Was told this has a silver lining in that I’ll get the 2022 model. But I suspect that means a price increase? Is that ok, given I had spec’d mine to my maximum and now will have to either find the extra or drop some extras!
I am in the same boat. Yes there is a price increase, but my dealer said they are paying the difference, so no extra cost to me (in reality I suspect Porsche are footing the bill as the delay has been caused by their supply chain issues, but I didn’t want to quibble..)

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Lucky if that's accurate! Get your dealer to make sure that's not the assembly completion date. Currently mine is due to complete 30 June and booked for transport 2nd week July.
Looks that we are on the same line.
Fingers crossed! :like:

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I was also just told to expect a mid-July delivery for an end April order). Apparently if ordering now there is a 7 month lead time?!?!

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Placed an order end of march - delivery date is pushed back only 1 week to July 23rd

3Tys

First Name
Tyrone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3RS, BMW M3 Clubsport, Taycan GTS ST, Tesla 3
Country flag
Mine was due late July. Had a call yesterday saying delivery delayed until October. Gutted! They did say they sort me out a car till then which was nice.

ct-andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT (eta Feb)
Country flag
if ordering now in Taiwan there is a 10 month lead time

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Got an allocation yesterday for a 2022 ct4s for a build in October delivery in December.
5-6 months is long.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
I ordered in March and still no allocation :(

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Ordered my CT4 at the end of March for a 7/30 delivery. Every few weeks it gets pushed back. As of today it says 8/27 delivery. ?

OP
OP
dragcity

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
So an update... Went for a test drive in a CT4S today and was blown away! It's such a complete car and when I saw someone else drive it on the road the thing looked incredible! Genuinely cannot wait... but I'll have to and you may too.

The dealer said there was a stop of registrations (Stop-Sale) of all new Taycan cars even those that are actually ready to go in the dealership due to a recall out on the software update. The dealer himself didn't have anymore information on the specifics other than it was going to take a couple of weeks investigation before a fix was inplace. As it's software related I'm sure it doesn't need to go to the factory and it can be dealt with at the dealer so that's something.

Has anyone else heard or been effected by this?

Either way my new date on the system sees the dealership date as 30.07.2021, which means it'll be in the country then and then a week or so for prep.
Sponsored