AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
I am placing an order for a 2022 Cross Turismo and was wondering if the additional $20K for the 4S over the 4 is worth it.
Sponsored

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I am placing an order for a 2022 Cross Turismo and was wondering if the additional $20K for the 4S over the 4 is worth it.
Depends if approx. 1 second quicker to 0-60 is worth $20K to you. I have ordered the CT4. Had a Macan GTS that had about the same acceleration performance as the CT4 and that was fine with me.

OP
OP
AddAlfa

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Depends if approx. 1 second quicker to 0-60 is worth $20K to you. I have ordered the CT4. Had a Macan GTS that had about the same acceleration performance as the CT4 and that was fine with me.
Do you think adding the Sport Chrono to the 4 gives it a little more HP?

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Do you think adding the Sport Chrono to the 4 gives it a little more HP?
No it does not increase performance at all, but I did get it because of compass on dash, larger grips on steering wheel and control knob on steering wheel.

OP
OP
AddAlfa

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No it does not increase performance at all, but I did get it because of compass on dash, larger grips on steering wheel and control knob on steering wheel.
Thanks! I do like the compass on dash also.

OP
OP
AddAlfa

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks! I do like the compass on dash also.
Also, it states in the Porsche Configurator that Sport Chrono with Compass includes Sport Sound. Is that correct?

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I am coming from a 4S Taycan, and jumping down to the CT4. I realized in my day to day, all the extra power was just overkill. I've probably used launch control less than 10 times, and always to impress passengers curious with the car. Otherwise, it's a great daily drive and great handling during spirited twisty road driving where the insane speed is secondary to the great handling every model has.

Just to ease my mind, I test drove a small battery RWD Taycan and saw it was still a blast and immediately knew I wouldn't miss the speed in the 4S, and certainly not at a 20k premium (RWD wasn't an option when I bought my 4S last year). The CT4 has the bigger battery and all wheel drive so it's faster than a base Taycan, and still faster than 90% of cars on the road.

TBH I feel like the CT4 price point is the winner in the Taycan lineup. for 10k more on the base Taycan you get the PB+, all wheel drive, and Air Suspension (on top of more practicality and a faster ride).

All that said, if an extra 20k is nothing to you, and you prize that extra 1 second to 60, go for it, that's all your getting for that premium.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Of course not. But if you have the money to burn why not!

I’m intrigued by The compass! I mean there’s me thinking Waze is pretty awesome for navigation while other Porsche owners are going full Christopher Columbus with a compass!?!?

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Also, it states in the Porsche Configurator that Sport Chrono with Compass includes Sport Sound. Is that correct?
You are correct , now says Sport Sound is included with Sport Chrono. Was not included when I ordered my 2021.

OP
OP
AddAlfa

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am coming from a 4S Taycan, and jumping down to the CT4. I realized in my day to day, all the extra power was just overkill. I've probably used launch control less than 10 times, and always to impress passengers curious with the car. Otherwise, it's a great daily drive and great handling during spirited twisty road driving where the insane speed is secondary to the great handling every model has.

Just to ease my mind, I test drove a small battery RWD Taycan and saw it was still a blast and immediately knew I wouldn't miss the speed in the 4S, and certainly not at a 20k premium (RWD wasn't an option when I bought my 4S last year). The CT4 has the bigger battery and all wheel drive so it's faster than a base Taycan, and still faster than 90% of cars on the road.

TBH I feel like the CT4 price point is the winner in the Taycan lineup. for 10k more on the base Taycan you get the PB+, all wheel drive, and Air Suspension (on top of more practicality and a faster ride).

All that said, if an extra 20k is nothing to you, and you prize that extra 1 second to 60, go for it, that's all your getting for that premium.
Thanks. Very helpful.

RPTRXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7 / Taycan CT4 / Model X (ordered)
Country flag
You are correct , now says Sport Sound is included with Sport Chrono. Was not included when I ordered my 2021.
My freeze date just passed by, I got spirt chrono but from what I can tell sport sound is a separate option. Would be great if you can share a screenshot of your configurator.

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
I don't think thqt is correct. If you pick the Chrono package, you will see that sports sound is still an option to purchace. What the chrono description is referring to is that you can program the sound on the individual selection along with other chassis preferences.

OP
OP
AddAlfa

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't think thqt is correct. If you pick the Chrono package, you will see that sports sound is still an option to purchace. What the chrono description is referring to is that you can program the sound on the individual selection along with other chassis preferences.
You may be right. I was just looking at the Sports Chrono description on a 2022 build and it indicated Sport Sound. Not sure if you also have to select the Sport Sound option.

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
You may be right. I was just looking at the Sports Chrono description on a 2022 build and it indicated Sport Sound. Not sure if you also have to select the Sport Sound option.
I just submittedf a build for a CT4 and ordered both options

Peter W

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hammeryachts.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT -2016 Cayenne-1997 911 vesuvio grey
Country flag
I just took delivery of a CT4, my previous cars were a Panamera GTS and a 2017 911.
The Taycan CT4 is plenty fast, I did not see the need to spend another $20k, but to each their own.
I did option for the engine sound package (sounds like a sci-fi movie).
I'm very happy with my CT4.
Sponsored