First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag
What do you get for the extra £8000 other than one second quicker to 62 mph
The 4S gets the extra power, air suspension , LED main headlights including PDLS, and Chrome trims

Tim_G

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel
Country flag
The 4S has PDLS plus, the 4 has normal PDLS.

Last edited:

Stretch9

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 Audi R8 V10, '19 Mini JCW, '15 MB C300 hybrid
Country flag
The 4S has PDLS plus, the 4 has normal PDLS.
The specification appears to vary slightly in different countries. In the UK, both variants come with PDLS Plus according to "Standard Features" on the configurator.

Porsche Taycan taycan cross turismo 4S and 4 - what’s the difference Screenshot 2021-03-07 at 09.52.27

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The specification appears to vary slightly in different countries. In the UK, both variants come with PDLS Plus according to "Standard Features" on the configurator.

Screenshot 2021-03-07 at 09.52.27.png
In the configurator, you will see the lighting options are different which reflects the standard specification

OP
OP

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
Dealer said the 4S gets side skirts?? But there appears to be no difference on configuration

8k appears a hell of a lot for slightly quicker 0 to 62 software tweak ???

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
hmmm yes, air suspension does indeed to be standard across the range.... The headlights are different though based on the configurator.

The 911 4 and 4S has an £11K price difference and its mainly down to performance/power difference.

1 second difference doesn't sound like a lot. but it actually is.
To most people 0-60 in 5 secs is plenty fast. But a 0-60 in 4 seconds is a significant difference, and worth paying for to many people. Thats 20% faster!

Not quite the same as 0-60 in 10 seconds compared to 9 seconds which is only 10% difference.

OP
OP

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
hmmm yes, air suspension does indeed to be standard across the range.... The headlights are different though based on the configurator.

The 911 4 and 4S has an £11K price difference and its mainly down to performance/power difference.

To most people 0-60 in 5 secs is plenty fast. But a 0-60 in 4 seconds is a significant difference, and worth paying for to many people. Thats 20% faster!

Not quite the same as 0-60 in 10 seconds compared to 9 seconds which is only 10% difference.
Totally

yes, agree totally, I’m changing from a DB11 V12

I’ve ordered the 4S))) I don’t want to risk being disappointed when I floor it’s))

I would love to know all Taycan 0-60 times without launch control - the 4 must be nearly 6 seconds

I have never bothered to use launch control or configurable suspension settings

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Totally

yes, agree totally, I’m changing from a DB11 V12

I’ve ordered the 4S))) I don’t want to risk being disappointed when I floor it’s))

I would love to know all Taycan 0-60 times without launch control - the 4 must be nearly 6 seconds

I have never bothered to use launch control or configurable suspension settings
haha , yes, I'm the same . My head is telling me to get a 4, but then my heart decided to get the 4S.
I've been so used to the i8's acceleration , so would hate to get something slower than that.

The Straight Pipes review and comparison of the Taycan Turbo and Turbo S is great.

Sadly I cant' find one comparing the 4S

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Check the 'standard' spec sheets for each car before adding any options (scroll to the bottom of the config screen).

Additional power, 19" Taycan S Aero wheels, red brake callipers, side window trims in silver will be a given for the 4S but there will be other differences which may / may not justify the price differently.

OP
OP

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
Check the 'standard' spec sheets for each car before adding any options (scroll to the bottom of the config screen).

Additional power, 19" Taycan S Aero wheels, red brake callipers, side window trims in silver will be a given for the 4S but there will be other differences which may / may not justify the price differently.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
At the end of the day it's really just the speed difference. There's nothing else you can't spec in while still saving a boatload of money.

But make no mistake, 3.8 to 4.8 is a HUGE jump. I mentioned in the other thread but what I'd recommend doing is test driving a Taycan 4S and then an iPace. I expect the Taycan 4 to have very similar acceleration to the iPace. Just imagine the Taycan's driving dynamics with the iPace's acceleration. This should give you a great idea whether you're going to be satisfied the 4 is "fast enough" for you.
Sponsored