Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Got my VR air suspension lowering links installed by a local independent shop. Dialed in a conservative drop of 6mm or so just to bring the ride height more in line with the stock sedan ride height and not compromise ride quality at all height settings in any significant way.

https://www.vividracing.com/-p-1534...5sfdvnX70nlpVM_oIkXkxciF3BQK-tn4aAusgEALw_wcB

Porsche Taycan Taycan Cross Turismo 4S lowered on Vivid Racing lowering links (photos) PSX_20221108_092633

After getting the height adjustment fine tuned in all 4 corners and wheel alignment, loving both the ride and updated ride height, seen here in its lowest position:

Porsche Taycan Taycan Cross Turismo 4S lowered on Vivid Racing lowering links (photos) PSX_20221109_170748

Porsche Taycan Taycan Cross Turismo 4S lowered on Vivid Racing lowering links (photos) PSX_20221109_170548

Porsche Taycan Taycan Cross Turismo 4S lowered on Vivid Racing lowering links (photos) 2022-11-12_08-26-07

Last edited:

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
It’s only 6mm more than standard?

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
It’s only 6mm more than standard?
I think he means the lowering links were adjusted 6mm. That equates to about 20mm in chassis ride height change.

Also the lowering links he linked to are the FVD brand links. VR (Vivid Racing) also has house branded links that are of lower quality and I wouldn't recommend them, having purchased them myself.

Car looks good @Kayone73!

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Looks good, time for some spacers now?

OP
OP
Kayone73

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think he means the lowering links were adjusted 6mm. That equates to about 20mm in chassis ride height change.

Also the lowering links he linked to are the FVD brand links. VR (Vivid Racing) also has house branded links that are of lower quality and I wouldn't recommend them, having purchased them myself.

Car looks good @Kayone73!
Correct I had a mild drop dialed in on the lowering links to match the wagons rode height to the stock sedan ride height, I have no need for the slammed look or to ruin my ride quality

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Got my VR air suspension lowering links installed by a local independent shop. Dialed in a conservative drop of 6mm or so just to bring the ride height more in line with the stock sedan ride height and not compromise ride quality at all height settings in any significant way.

https://www.vividracing.com/-p-1534...5sfdvnX70nlpVM_oIkXkxciF3BQK-tn4aAusgEALw_wcB

PSX_20221108_092633.jpg

After getting the height adjustment fine tuned in all 4 corners and wheel alignment, loving both the ride and updated ride height, seen here in its lowest position:

PSX_20221109_170748.jpg

PSX_20221109_170548.jpg

View attachment 45726
it looks in some of the photos like your wheels are gold/aurum. Suits the car really well!

mocsman

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4
Country flag

PSX_20221108_092633.jpg

PSX_20221109_170748.jpg

PSX_20221109_170548.jpg

2022-11-12_08-26-07.jpg
How has it been since you installed the links now that you’ve had then for quite some time? Do you normally ride on the lowest setting? I’m getting links installed next week and will probably drop it by 3/4” which is similar to yours. I normally drive on the low setting so I’m trying to figure out what setting should I be in once the links are installed - would like to retain as close to the “low” ride height when driving as much as possible. TIA.

OP
OP
Kayone73

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How has it been since you installed the links now that you’ve had then for quite some time? Do you normally ride on the lowest setting? I’m getting links installed next week and will probably drop it by 3/4” which is similar to yours. I normally drive on the low setting so I’m trying to figure out what setting should I be in once the links are installed - would like to retain as close to the “low” ride height when driving as much as possible. TIA.
I'm happy with them, I ride by default in the Lowered setting (not lowest) which is equivalent to my old lowest setting, it's a good balance of ride height and comfort for most roads.

After they were installed I got an alignment and the shop told me the rear wheels don't have available camber adjustment so if you ride a lowered car it it's lowest setting all the time youre going to uneven wear your tires even faster.

mocsman

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
I'm happy with them, I ride by default in the Lowered setting (not lowest) which is equivalent to my old lowest setting, it's a good balance of ride height and comfort for most roads.

After they were installed I got an alignment and the shop told me the rear wheels don't have available camber adjustment so if you ride a lowered car it it's lowest setting all the time youre going to uneven wear your tires even faster.
I’ll do the same then, lower it by 1/2-3/4” then ride at the “lower” setting. I only plan to use the “low” setting when parked. Thanks again.

mirrorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ll do the same then, lower it by 1/2-3/4” then ride at the “lower” setting. I only plan to use the “low” setting when parked. Thanks again.
I've been on the fence with getting these. Your point is valid. With the links "lowered" is the same as "low" in standard. So "low" with links isn't safe to drive really. I always drive in "low" so not sure it's worth the cost and hassle just to look a little cooler when it's parked. Maybe if you valet a lot. LOL
Sponsored