OP
OP

desertdweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I'm in the area as well, and I have a 4S CT build freezing soon. I have it in the system with summer tires and separate 19" winters. Would you say the all-seasons are good enough in the summer here, or is it worth it to have the separate sets for the best performance all year?
I opted for "High Performance Summer Tires" on my 2021 Spyder instead of the "Ultra High Performance Summer tires". I feel like the summer tires on my Spyder are still not well suited to the relatively cool summers we have in the PNW, especially when the roads are wet. They tend to be a bit slippery unless it really warms up, which we rarely do. I always feel like they are meant for true warm climates like Arizona or Texas.

I have been very happy with how the all seasons on the Taycan have performed in cold wet and snow conditions since I took delivery in November. I would think this will only get better as temps warm up.

Personally, I would save the hassle of separate sets, get the all seasons. The car handles so well with them. Either way you are in for a treat. You will love how your CT handles.

R88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S (sold)
Country flag
Ah hi, fellow Seattle Mamba Green owner! I tooj delivery of a Mamba sedan in November and hadn’t seen any other green Taycans around yet!

Was out of town for the snow so didn’t get to find out how it handles in it, also have the all seasons.

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
I have ordered Porsche Tequipment snow chains for 20 inch wheels. I thinks they are from RUD / Weissenfels. They can be used for 19 and 20 inch wheels not for 21. Maybe RUD has chains for 21 inch ? I don’t know either if the width th of the tire maters because of the way they are mounted.

Like you mentioned in my bmw f11 and g05 is was passible to turn of RAS when using snow chains.

The Tequipment chains for Taycan are low profile and are not on the back of the tire. Maybe that’s why RAS doesn’t need to be turned off. Just guessing.
Do you have the specs from the chains?
thx

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Do you have the specs from the chains?
thx
I checked on the site of RUD and they are the same (RUD comfort Centrax) . However the RUD ones are more expensive as those sold by Porsche and they have to be accommodated to the size of the specific tire which is not necessary with Porsche. I found cheaper ones but those don’t come out so good in reviews.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Cross Turismo as Snowmobile 3A87EBF1-AF3E-436B-9164-1FF8A4AF2D38

Porsche Taycan Taycan Cross Turismo as Snowmobile 972227B9-F958-407B-8680-BE18790CA5FA

Last edited:
OP
OP

desertdweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Ah hi, fellow Seattle Mamba Green owner! I tooj delivery of a Mamba sedan in November and hadn’t seen any other green Taycans around yet!

Was out of town for the snow so didn’t get to find out how it handles in it, also have the all seasons.
Nice Mamba Green sedan! I bet the carbon ceramics look great with the color, lots of yellow in it.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Get Autosocks and put winter tires on for winter.

With how bad Seattle streets were during the snow & ice, it was really frustrating seeing people out on all season tires thinking AWD would save them. The streets & highways were in too poor of condition for all season tires.

Just drives me mad to see people talking about "how well" all season tires did. It's like saying "I didn't wear a seatbelt and made it home safely!" to argue that seatbelts aren't necessary. Getting a good result does not mean the process was correct. Winter tires are fairly inexpensive, work perfectly well up to mid 50 degree weather, save tread on your summer tires, and only cost a few hundred bucks a year to mount & store in the Seattle area.

I'm sure someone will respond with "I've always been fine on all seasons!" but see above. All season tires are not appropriate for below freezing temperatures on wet/snow/icy roads, there is heaps of data available to show why.

I've said it once and I'll say it a million times, all season tires work fine until they don't work at all and you get someone killed.

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 90D; 2020 Porsche GT4; Ram 1500
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. And good call keeping the 718 Spyder in the garage during that last winter blast.

R88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S (sold)
Country flag
Get Autosocks and put winter tires on for winter.

With how bad Seattle streets were during the snow & ice, it was really frustrating seeing people out on all season tires thinking AWD would save them. The streets & highways were in too poor of condition for all season tires.

Just drives me mad to see people talking about "how well" all season tires did. It's like saying "I didn't wear a seatbelt and made it home safely!" to argue that seatbelts aren't necessary. Getting a good result does not mean the process was correct. Winter tires are fairly inexpensive, work perfectly well up to mid 50 degree weather, save tread on your summer tires, and only cost a few hundred bucks a year to mount & store in the Seattle area
1. Can you use autosocks with all season tires? As a slightly-better solution for those who do not drive frequently in these conditions?

2. Where are you storing tires in Seattle area? I couldn't find a lot of good options.

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
So we've had a fair amount of constant snow in the last few weeks, car drives great in the snow.

The only issue I ran into yesterday when the temperature was sub 30 Fahrenheit was the windshield wipers and windshield kept frosting and the front vents were not enough to reach all the way up?

I'm spoiled the ranges have heated windshields so this has never been a problem for me. Do you guys just crank up the temperature in the car to heat the windshield?