Runestone

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I am trying to understand the different ride heights in the cross turismo. As I understand it it has:
Normal +0 mm
Sport +0 mm
Range -20 mm ?
Gravel +10 mm
Lift + 20 mm

All these are 20 mm higher than the respective mode on the regular Taycan.

In addition there is an Offroad package that will add another 10 mm to all modes.

Have I got this correct or do someone have other information?

I debating with myself wether to take the offroad package. I am not sure wether the extra 10 mm is a plus or minus. And I don't care much for the extra plastic details.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I think you've nailed it.

1 extra cm and an awful plastic off-road afterthought of plastic (to save stone chips) doesn't seem like it's worth it.

Spend the money on something else and when the Macan or Cayenne EV SUV comes along migrate to that if you need more actual off-road capability.

OP
OP
Runestone

Runestone

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I think you've nailed it.

1 extra cm and an awful plastic off-road afterthought of plastic (to save stone chips) doesn't seem like it's worth it.

Spend the money on something else and when the Macan or Cayenne EV SUV comes along migrate to that if you need more actual off-road capability.
Thanks and I agree. I am actually migrating away from a SUV (Audi) after only one year since I realized that I am not a SUV person. Testdriving the Taycan was the first fun drive in a while :)

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The Sedan functions as follows;

Low = -22mm
Lowered = -10mm
Normal = 0mm
Lift = +20mm

The CT functions the same but with the additional "Gravel = +10mm" mode. The ride height is always 20mm higher than the Sedan in the same mode.

I believe the "Off Road" package simply gives you an additional 10mm higher ride height in Low/Lowered/Normal but then makes Gravel = 0mm and Lift = +10mm. Gravel will also change the PSM settings to account for loose ground, which is the primary function, with the ride height being a secondary function.

This hasn't been confirmed but is my best guess given all available information. Will update when I get confirmation from Porsche.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
If the ride height changes were accomplished with spacers above the air springs, this should be readily clear after inspecting the suspension. It would also help confirm the range of ride height modes per car. If the air spring/strut part numbers are the same as the sedan and this is true, you could remove spacers to get to sedan heights, or add them to get to off road heights without adding the plastic trim pieces.
My educated guess is that they’ve done it this way as it would minimize cost impact from unique suspension components. We’ll see though.

Last edited:

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If the ride height changes were accomplished with spacers above the air springs, this should be readily clear after inspecting the suspension. It would also help confirm the range of ride height modes per car. If the air spring/strut part numbers are the same as the sedan and this is true, you could remove spacers to get to sedan heights, or add them to get to off road heights without adding the plastic trim pieces.
My educated guess is that they’ve done it this way as it would minimize cost impact from unique suspension components. We’ll see though.
I tend to agree but you never know with Porsche. Sometimes when they could simply tune/detune an engine or find a simple solution (like with spacers) they go crazy and pour a bunch of money into making it completely different. Unfortunately Porsche probably won't give a clear answer and we won't know until someone gets their hands on one to inspect it.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
So my understanding is that the Cross Turismo is 2 cm higher (at normal ground clearance) than the Taycan sedan, meaning 12.8 cm + 2 cm = 14.8 cm (or 5.8 inches, vs. 5.0 inches for the sedan). The Off-Road package gives a standard extra clearance of 1 cm, so 15.8 cm (or 6.2 inches). I have seen conflicting reports of the Lift mode, as to how much higher the car can be lifted with the air suspension. Porsche seems strangely quiet on this, but online auto-news sources indicate anywhere from 1 cm (gravel mode) to 2 cm (standard lift mode) above the "normal" ground clearance -- meaning 16.8 or 17.8 cm (= 6.6 or 7.0 inches). I just saw a YouTube video in which test drives of the Taycan sedan had its nose hitting speed bumps even when in lift mode, which does not surprise me. If anybody gets any more definite information on the highest ground clearance of the CT, please post it on this thread. I assume that 7.0 inches is the top lift clearance for the CT with the Off-Road package. For comparison, the Volvo Cross Country wagon has a clearance of close to 8.3 inches, and the Audi A4 Allroad has 6.5 inches. My Panamera 4 E-Hybrid raises to about 7.4 inches in lift mode, but only up to about 18 mph; it's closer to 6.5 inches in normal ground clearance. My verdict is that the Taycan CT even with Off-Road package is lower than the Panamera ST at all equivalent levels, by about half an inch.
Sponsored

Last edited: