Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S on order, Cayenne, Audi Q3 Sportback, Mazda MX5/Miata
Country flag
Hi

Taycan Cross Turismo 4S on order with build date but spec still to lock
I love the look of the car apart from the plastic wheelarches that do do not look great particularly against lighter colours such as my favourite Dolomite silver
So I may need to go for either Jet black metallic or Volcano grey to hide/minimise the black plastic appearances
Given that the Cross Turismo Turbo S has glossy black wheelarches as standard, does anyone know if they could be retrofitted to a 4S ?
Would this be an easy clip off/clip on procedure ?
Alternatively could they be painted with PPS (Paint Protection Spray) to be glossy or to match the car body colour ?

I would be interested to hear your thoughts/opinions
Thanks
Sponsored

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Your dealer can order the Turbo S wheel arches. They will come just primered so you need to paint them in the color of your choice. Afterwards they can be retrofitted to every CT model.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Braveheart

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your dealer can order the Turbo S wheel arches. They will come just primered so you need to paint them in the color of your choice. Afterwards they can be retrofitted to a every CT model.
That is good to hear but I worry what Porsche might charge for that given the price for the bike rack !

So my only dilemma now is whether to go Dolomite, Jet Black Metallic or Volcano grey with colour coded wheel arches

What colour would the forum members recommend if I went all colour coded ?

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Personnally i would stick with dolomite and wait to see how bad (or good) wheel arches look.... rugged look is good too.

The plastic wheel arches go with the off road package which stands out so much better on a lighter color IMO. The glossy arches on the Turbo S looks strange when associated with off road package.

By going with darker colors you will miss a lot of the contrast the car design has to offer.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi

Taycan Cross Turismo 4S on order with build date but spec still to lock
I love the look of the car apart from the plastic wheelarches that do do not look great particularly against lighter colours such as my favourite Dolomite silver
So I may need to go for either Jet black metallic or Volcano grey to hide/minimise the black plastic appearances
Given that the Cross Turismo Turbo S has glossy black wheelarches as standard, does anyone know if they could be retrofitted to a 4S ?
Would this be an easy clip off/clip on procedure ?
Alternatively could they be painted with PPS (Paint Protection Spray) to be glossy or to match the car body colour ?

I would be interested to hear your thoughts/opinions
Thanks
Hold off and wait for the Sport Turismo variant where these unsightly plastic after-thought add-ons (sorry) won't be present.

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Your dealer can order the Turbo S wheel arches. They will come just primered so you need to paint them in the color of your choice. Afterwards they can be retrofitted to every CT model.
Has this been confirmed? My dealer doesn't seem to have a clue let alone notice there was a difference :facepalm:

OP
OP

Braveheart

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Has this been confirmed? My dealer doesn't seem to have a clue let alone notice there was a difference :facepalm:
Likewise my dealer hadn’t the foggiest if it was possible or even willing to source and retrofit colour coded arches

I wonder if Luke (ask a Porsche dealer anything ) Manning on this forum could clarify

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Yes, has been confirmed by my local dealer here in Germany. I asked him, if ordering the Turbo S arches and paint them in the exterior color would be a solution to get rid of this plastic trim. He said, yes no problem.
But in the end I changed my mind and ordered the "regular" Taycan and not the CT.

Mtljckt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT, BMW i3s, X5, 540i
Country flag
The arches can be painted afterwards. It's the easiest choice. I too was keen on the Sport version, where these are removed, but I would give up to some "free" goodies that the CT has. So painting them in body colour is the easiest choice. The other option is Volcano Gray but if you plan to drive the CT on country roads (that is what is supposed to), it will always be dirty. No way I would order the mud skirts package though, no matter the colour.

OP
OP

Braveheart

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The arches can be painted afterwards. It's the easiest choice. I too was keen on the Sport version, where these are removed, but I would give up to some "free" goodies that the CT has. So painting them in body colour is the easiest choice. The other option is Volcano Gray but if you plan to drive the CT on country roads (that is what is supposed to), it will always be dirty. No way I would order the mud skirts package though, no matter the colour.
Thanks for the reassurance
I agree that the off road package mud skirts are even more terrible than the wheel arches ?

GileP

First Name
Giles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a normal Taycan just now but would prefer the "estate" version. What I really want is something like an RS6 but electric and that can handle properly - so a Taycan "estate" but without all the offroad gubbins would be perfect.

Is it likely that a Sports Turismo will be launched?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have a normal Taycan just now but would prefer the "estate" version. What I really want is something like an RS6 but electric and that can handle properly - so a Taycan "estate" but without all the offroad gubbins would be perfect.

Is it likely that a Sports Turismo will be launched?
I think it is on the cards and don't forget Audi are bound to offer the same with their etron GT Avant.

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
My best guess (and it is just a guess) is that instead of a whole distinct ‘Sport Turismo‘ body style, at some point (2022 model year maybe) there’ll be an optional ‘Sport Package’ as an alternative to the ‘Offroad Design Package’ which will lower the ride height back down, add some body mods and delete the plastic wheel arches. So effectively a ‘Sport Turismo’ by another means.

Just my random musings...