rx7arai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 2022 Polestar 2
Country flag
I just want to get some opinions on these two vehicles. As a Taycan owner, I'm in love with my car and the CT seems like a no-brainer to me, especially with more cargo space, and other standard features. Which prompted me to consider placing an order on the CT. But now with the Macan EV around the corner. I wonder if I should just wait for the Macan EV to be officially announced before placing an order on either vehicle. Any thoughts/opinions are welcome. Thanks.
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The EV Macan is now slated for mid to late 2023, FWIW. Probably no official announcement until this upcoming summer.

I'll likely be moving from my Taycan to either that or an R1S and I think the Macan will be exceptionally compelling if they keep it around the current price.. but it's a ways off.

The EV Macan will be both smaller and have more storage & practicality. Obviously you give up some amount of sportiness & driving experience, although I think the electric Macan will be the class leader for electric crossover/suv driving experience.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Depends on your timeline. I don't think the Macan EV will hit the roads until 2024 (launching in late 2023).

CT has marginal extra useable space over the saloon - more practical access but little more in terms of load carrying.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Electric Macan definitely not "right around the corner"

meldog

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4, Cayman 718, Audi E-tron
Country flag
I picked up my CT at the start of October put also placed a “order” for a Macan EV. Don’t expect it until early 2024.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Given the current vehicle shortage, I’m thinking that I’ll wait until around then to buy my next car anyway. By that point, I think we’ll likely see the facelift version of the Taycan around that point too so it’ll be interesting to see what they do with that. I kinda like the idea of a macan EV bevause it’ll be smaller on the outside while likely having more interior and cargo room than the taycan ct

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
@rx7arai Just take your taycan today and it will be easier to wait for Macan, EV edition.
i did the same :like:

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Wife wanted to replace her Macan with an EV Macan, so she was looking at getting ICE Macan GTS.
Then I had a chance to drive a Taycan at a Porsche event, wasn't what I expected since I have driven Tesla's. Mentioned it to my wife, and our dealer let us take a Taycan out. Wife decided she didn't want to wait, liked the look of the CT and it's being built this week (ordered 10/11). Shocked me. But she was also hesitant of getting a Macan EV the first year, so it was starting to look like 2025 or 2026 before we would even look at buying.
Sponsored