satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
When I started shopping in the spring, I was excited about the CT but worried about trunk capacity, coming from a cavernous Cayenne. With no showroom model to see firsthand, my SA shared a useful diagram which compared the capacities of the Taycan sedan to the CT. I thought I would share that with the forum.

I was also comparing the CT to some of the SUV models, I’m including those here too.

I have a CT on order with a November delivery date, and have already separately ordered the Performance Roof Box.

Capacities in cubic feet with seats up/down:
  • Taycan 4 CT: 15.7/42.8
  • Cayenne Hybrid: 22.7/56.8
  • Cayenne Coupe Hybrid: 17.6/50.8
  • Macan: 17.6/52.9
Performance Roof Box capacity: 16.95

Porsche Taycan Taycan Cross Turismo vs Sedan -- Luggage Compartment Volume Comparison 93AD5A5A-E40A-401B-A5BA-632A2386A4EB
Sponsored

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
To add a detail, the difference between 4/4s and Turbo/Turbo S comes from the fact the Bose is in standard on those last ones. It takes some space in the boot for the subwoofer.

OP
OP
satchurator

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
To add a detail, the difference between 4/4s and Turbo/Turbo S comes from the fact the Bose is in standard on those last ones. It takes some space in the boot for the subwoofer.
Interesting - do you know where the Bose subwoofer goes? How/where the space is lost?

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
In addition to size, one of the big differences is CT has a hatchback so it’s easier to put in/take out items from the trunk. I saw a sedan and CT trunk side-by-side and it was a big difference.

Reactions: sfr

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I think we’re all curious about the American measurements which include the air space when seats are up. It’s the only way to compare apples to apples with all the other suvs and crossovers available in the US.

To this day have never seen that measurement for the Panamera ST which has proven over time to be quite sizable.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
I guess my only disappointment is in the macan comparison. The taycan is a much a longer and wider car than the macan so I would’ve thought it could come closer to the macans cargo capacity.

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
yeah, having had mine almost two weeks now, the rear cargo area is small. its the height that kills it..and the wheel arches inside the car really take away from being to really pack it in. this is with the seats down so my dogs can lie down.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Cross Turismo vs Sedan -- Luggage Compartment Volume Comparison tempImagenQXcrG

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
yeah, having had mine almost two weeks now, the rear cargo area is small. its the height that kills it..and the wheel arches inside the car really take away from being to really pack it in. this is with the seats down so my dogs can lie down.

tempImagenQXcrG.jpg
Your (beautiful) golden seems to fit pretty well. I could see them needing more space for long trips but the space looks more than sufficient for shorter jaunts.

Thanks for posting.