Taycan Cross Turismo

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
If you have home charging, it’s nothing to worry about. Since I moved back to the city, it is kind of annoying because the garage where I park has a very slow charger. I have been commuting between NYC and Ct everyday (60 miles each way) if it wasn’t for the slow charger, I would not have to charge every other day at a fast charger either in Stamford or white plains.
For trips, you are actually better covered than you might think. The drawback is that you have to get off the highway for a mile or two to charge, which is not the most convenient.

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
Also I have a CT4, been getting between 240-260 on highway depending on the traffic situation.

Darius

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hey guys this is my first post and probably be my first electric car as well . I’m getting an incoming car that is coming next month . My question living in New York knowing how small the range is . Is it worth getting . I know I can back out of the deal . But what do you guys think about this vehicle ? Is it worth getting electric vehicle , would appreciate any feed back thank you
It takes some getting used to and here are some annoying software issues but overall the car is amazing. I am a local driver with no long road trips planned so range and charging is not an issue. I have become a Walmart shopper because Electrify America have an affinity for Walmart parking lots!

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I don’t know what electricians charge in the USA, or how big a job it is at a typical home but my domestic charge for electricity is £0.16 per kWh, though it is not steady at the moment.
If you achieve 3 miles per kWh your 50 miles per day would cost around £2.66 per day and no petrol to buy, ever.
What did you pay in Oxfordshire for the install? Was the the PMC plus?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
What did you pay in Oxfordshire for the install? Was the the PMC plus?
I got the Andersen A2 box recommended by Porsche UK, It has an up-market enclosure and finish so is a bit more expensive than some of the equally technically adequate designs, it was around £1100 fitted after the government grant iirc.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I got the Andersen A2 box recommended by Porsche UK, It has an up-market enclosure and finish so is a bit more expensive than some of the equally technically adequate designs, it was around £1100 fitted after the government grant iirc.
Thanks for quick response, shame hey have stopped the grants 😞

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Thanks for quick response, shame hey have stopped the grants 😞
Yes. I got it months ago when I still believed the build was likely at the end of October since that was the next expected allocation whenI had the demo.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
OP, you have a new car ordered and arriving in a month and you're just now asking these basic questions?
Sponsored