All Cross models on Uk configuration
Sponsored

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
And on US configurator, also. I'm surprised that the offroad package only gives 10mm more ground clearance, according to that item on the configurator for the CT... Two reviewers had said it would be 30mm extra ground clearance.

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag
I think with the Off Road Package plus selecting Gravel Mode, you then get the 30mm increased ground clearance???

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Lots of confusing stuff with the air suspension.

My understanding is at "Low" setting it's the same as the Sedan. At normal it's about 20mm higher, or 30mm higher with the "offroad" package.

Then you get the same amount of lift as the Sedan in either "Lift" or "Gravel" PLUS 10mm if you don't have the offroad package.

So basically it's..

Low = always same as Sedan
Normal = 20mm higher, 30mm higher with offroad
Lift/Gravel = always 30mm higher

That's my understanding of it.

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag

My understanding is at "Low" setting it's the same as the Sedan. At normal it's about 20mm higher, or 30mm higher with the "offroad" package.

Then you get the same amount of lift as the Sedan in either "Lift" or "Gravel" PLUS 10mm if you don't have the offroad package.

So basically it's..

That makes sense! But if there's 30mm more ground clearance in medium/normal setting with the Off Road package...then surely it's even higher in gravel mode?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That makes sense! But if there's 30mm more ground clearance in medium/normal setting with the Off Road package...then surely it's even higher in gravel mode?
I mean, you get the added height of "Lift" mode (an additional 20mm) that I'm sure is true in gravel mode. But you can get that in the Sedan w/ air suspension.

I was listing the ADDED height over a Sedan w/ air suspension.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

So basically it's..

That makes it even more important for the car to be able to remember the last height setting instead of always defaulting to Normal. Then you could use Low as your default.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
That makes it even more important for the car to be able to remember the last height setting instead of always defaulting to Normal. Then you could use Low as your default.
And on US configurator, also. I'm surprised that the offroad package only gives 10mm more ground clearance, according to that item on the configurator for the CT... Two reviewers had said it would be 30mm extra ground clearance.
My understanding of suspensions indicates a different setup which is quite simple to understand. The suspension travel of all variants is surely the same. So this would imply the Cross Turismo sits 20mm higher in each and every one of its settings and 30mm if you select the off-road option. Otherwise the bump-stops would be reached very often and this is the reason why the lift function only works up to 30km/h on the sedan. Possibly this limit is set higher on the Cross Turismo, but I would bet the damping would be firmer, and the limit would still be 50-60km/h.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
And/or remember if left in Off-road lift setting, so you don't bottom out on a rock when power is switched off or cycled off/on.
Sponsored