Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I, too, have a '23 4S CT; in Denver, so I hope this helps. I just did a trip from Denver to Vail and back. I drove in a normal fashion with the heat on, so I could have stretched more range, but I didn't buy a Taycan to suffer through. It is a 200-mile roundtrip, so you might think it could be done on a single charge - not even close.

I left at 100% charge and preheated. I arrived in Vail (101 miles driven) with about 120 miles of range remaining. That same afternoon, after skiing, it said the same range when I left for Denver. But, the trip planner quickly said I need to charge in Georgetown.

Knowing the Frisco charger was free of charge (EA), I pulled into there instead. Well, the snowplows had piled snow up around two of the chargers, making them basically unavailable to a sedan-type car, one was broken, and there was a line for the other. On to Georgetown. The ChargePoint chargers there were in perfect shape and all were available. I think I only got about 45KW, even though the battery had preheated (nice job trip-planner). I had to tap my phone with the app open BEFORE plugging in, FYI. It's a dirt parking lot, and there was a shifty fellow walking around for no apparent reason.

In short, it can be done without much trouble, although in winter cold weather and in the mountains, your reliable range when driving fast and in comfort is about half of the advertised nominal range.
Yes, it does help but really only confirms my concerns of mountain road trips in the winter. The Frisco EA station would be the main charger for my routes and the reviews have been mixed at best there. Tesla has one in Silverthorne that is perfectly located for my routes and I am hoping they open to all EVs soon. More options, the better for all.
Good to know there are other level headed Taycan owners in Colorado 👊
Sponsored