First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Turismo
Country flag
This might seem like a strange one.
My well travelled and extremely well-behaved family dog of eight years old, who is totally used to travelling through Europe and other such journeys in an ICE car seems to be stressed when travelling in the CT. Crank the air-conditioning down to 18° which normally sees him happy and fast asleep on the backseat of the Range Rover, does not work at all in the CT4S. He sits up, pants, looks at you constantly and is unable to rest even on long journeys on the autoroute. This is after 10 months of ownership and 15,000 miles, of which the dog has probably been with me for at least 6000 of those miles.
After trying to be super observant I must say that the car has a certain deep bass and rumble coming from potentially the rear wheel arches, maybe just poor insulation from the road surface.? She has the 21 inch wheels and N rated tires supplied a standard. I have luxury seats and the two seat set up in the rear.
My dog is particularly sensitive to boom, bass speakers in the house and will not come in the cinema room.
Has anyone at all experienced anything similar? Even remotely similar?
I’m about to tear the rear out of the car and do some DIY insulation, just like the type that you might do in an old Jeep or Defender.
Any help, as always, appreciated. Cheers
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
.... This is after 10 months of ownership and 15,000 miles, of which the dog has probably been with me for at least 6000 of those miles.
After trying to be super observant I must say that the car has a certain deep bass and rumble coming from potentially the rear wheel arches, maybe just poor insulation from the road surface.? She has the 21 inch wheels and N rated tires supplied a standard. I have luxury seats and the two seat set up in the rear.
My dog is particularly sensitive to boom, bass speakers in the house and will not come in the cinema room.
Sorry, my dog hasn't shown any signs of stress.
Just to clarify- this isn't a new behaviour after 10 months?
Is it the same with prolonged low-speed journeys?
Do you use the Electronic Sport Sound?
Considering your comment about home cinema, it does suggest acoustic cause, but as suggested above (the previous post), perhaps it's above or below normal human audible range?

Last edited:

Rocketair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4s
Country flag
I am pretty sensitive to this type of booming noise myself (more of a "I can't help but notice it" type of thing - like audio being out of synch on a film or TV show) and would say this car 100% has a bit of booming/resonance issue.

There are certian model lines of cars I can't stand to drive because of this (esp GM large SUV's) but the Taycan is not to where I think it's a design mistake like those, just a noticable issue. BTW, mine is a CT4S, and maybe the sedan has a diferent sound profile.

Taycandogbus

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan sport T on order
Country flag
My well travelled and extremely well-behaved family dog of eight years old, who is totally used to travelling through Europe and other such journeys in an ICE car seems to be stressed when travelling in the CT. Crank the air-conditioning down to 18° which normally sees him happy and fast asleep on the backseat of the Range Rover, does not work at all in the CT4S. He sits up, pants, looks at you constantly and is unable to rest even on long journeys on the autoroute. This is after 10 months of ownership and 15,000 miles, of which the dog has probably been with me for at least 6000 of those miles.
I’m about to tear the rear out of the car and do some DIY insulation, just like the type that you might do in an old Jeep or Defender.

hey...... I have only just seen this post but wondering how you and doggo are getting on... did you work out the cause? Did you tear the back apart? Currently waiting for a 4S ST- basically buying it FOR the dogs (and a bit for me haha) so this obviously caught my attention .... hoping you've worked it out. I know how much these mutts run our world !!!!!

Last edited:

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
Could it be the lack of an engine humming? Possibly the dog is usually comforted by the noise and vibrations of this?

Bennie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD, MINI Cooper S, Harley Davidson FLDE
Country flag
Hello David,
Only just now I your thread and the first thing I thought of is the complaint I have in my car.
I started a thread: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/deep-hum-between-50-70-km-u-16-23-mph.11825/post-177907

My suggestion is that the bass you describe comes from the gearbox. My car (Taycan RWD Sport Tourismo - 20” wheels) makes this a deep humming sound between 50-70 km/h and at 100 km/h. Last week it has been examined bij Porsche Netherlands, because the dealer had no explanation. I’ll report on it soon in a new thread. If your complaint appears at any speed, it may have a different cause. But if it’s mainly in the range of speed I described and only in first gear, it’s the gearbox.

OP
OP
David Baldwino

David Baldwino

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Turismo
Country flag
Hello David,
Only just now I your thread and the first thing I thought of is the complaint I have in my car.
I started a thread: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/deep-hum-between-50-70-km-u-16-23-mph.11825/post-177907

My suggestion is that the bass you describe comes from the gearbox. My car (Taycan RWD Sport Tourismo - 20” wheels) makes this a deep humming sound between 50-70 km/h and at 100 km/h. Last week it has been examined bij Porsche Netherlands, because the dealer had no explanation. I’ll report on it soon in a new thread. If your complaint appears at any speed, it may have a different cause. But if it’s mainly in the range of speed I described and only in first gear, it’s the gearbox.
Wow, Interesting. The car is in for the 12v battery loss and 3rd abandonment after parking up for a week or so. I also noticed a big reduction is the parcel shelf was in place. I shall advise porsche uk. THANK YOU

Bennie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD, MINI Cooper S, Harley Davidson FLDE
Country flag
OP
OP
David Baldwino

David Baldwino

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Turismo
Country flag
hey...... I have only just seen this post but wondering how you and doggo are getting on... did you work out the cause? Did you tear the back apart? Currently waiting for a 4S ST- basically buying it FOR the dogs (and a bit for me haha) so this obviously caught my attention .... hoping you've worked it out. I know how much these mutts run our world !!!!!
Ok, I didn't rip apart and insulate as it died for the 3rd time in 10 months as I left it for a week before using. I did however fit the rear parcel shelf which improves things no end. I've seen another thread re Netherlands gear box issues. It may be a mountain and molehill situation, I'm not too stressed about it, just need to make pooch happy or its done for! Its getting the big update so lets see ( they have had it 5 days!! So I took my Tesla for a 250 mile sunday lunch relatives trip and to be fair, pooch wasn't that happy as the ride is totally pants, handling is questionable when pressing on and the motor noise is irritating at low rpm's. Good motorway tool though.

Pav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Country flag
While my dogs are happy traveling in any Taycan they've been in, low frequency vibrations/boom are much more pronounced with 21" wheels than on the 20"s. If the dogs are in the boot instead of on the seat, obviously any of the noise insulation (rear seat back/parcel shelf) won't be doing anything to reduce the noise intrusion.
See if you can try a car on 20's to see if any better?

OP
OP
David Baldwino

David Baldwino

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Turismo
Country flag
While my dogs are happy traveling in any Taycan they've been in, low frequency vibrations/boom are much more pronounced with 21" wheels than on the 20"s. If the dogs are in the boot instead of on the seat, obviously any of the noise insulation (rear seat back/parcel shelf) won't be doing anything to reduce the noise intrusion.
See if you can try a car on 20's to see if any better?
Yes I’ve got some 20s at Porsche Stockport with winter wheels on, I’ll get these changed over late October and see if it makes a difference. I’m sure you’re right on this. Cheers
Sponsored