Rogertaycan4S

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here in the UK I received a recall letter today for my Taycan built June 2020. In typical Porsche style it is headed "Porsche Cayenne" - reprogramming high-voltage power electronics, if they can't even get the model right what hope have we got of them sorting out this widely publicised "drive control fault-park safley" issue?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Here in the UK I received a recall letter today for my Taycan built June 2020. In typical Porsche style it is headed "Porsche Cayenne" - reprogramming high-voltage power electronics, if they can't even get the model right what hope have we got of them sorting out this widely publicised "drive control fault-park safley" issue?
There's me thinking I was the only person in UK which Porsche GB continually screw up all correspondence (since 2003) - I have the same Cayenne letter - I don't think Mr Metcalf even read the letter as it could be better structured and written (oh and drop the BS on "core values").

Update this Weds.

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
I got the same “Cayenne” letter … is this a dangerous fault ?

Incidentally, I also had a problem with my 2015 SL500 which got stuck in Park. This involved an unbelievable amount of time hassle and a £1,200 bill. All down to the electronic transmission control system. Might be 6 years old but only 22k miles with FSH.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I got the same “Cayenne” letter … is this a dangerous fault ?

Incidentally, I also had a problem with my 2015 SL500 which got stuck in Park. This involved an unbelievable amount of time hassle and a £1,200 bill. All down to the electronic transmission control system. Might be 6 years old but only 22k miles with FSH.
Safety recall and scary if it happens to you. Don't skip it.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
And it’s a disaster - 1 to 6 hours has been three days and now dealer says it will be another week “at least”. Really really disappointed in Porsche and my dealer.
be careful, you'll be labeled grumpy or worse for complaining about the failures of both the car and porsche's addressing these failures. imagine buying a $100-150+ car that was sent out to the customers with poorly tested and baked in failures, being unable or refusing to address the issues and the end user stuck with the bad product being ridiculed for making loud noises about the poor customer care.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
And it’s a disaster - 1 to 6 hours has been three days and now dealer says it will be another week “at least”. Really really disappointed in Porsche and my dealer.
I guess they performed the WMA5/6 update on your car and it fried some module, and now they are waiting parts from the motherland. If that is the case expect 2-4 weeks minimum.
Sponsored