First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S as of Feb 2021; before, BMW i3
Country flag
Emergency Response Guide

A friend who is a fireman in our town’s all-volunteer fire company (founded in 1852!) said they train on electric cars (my Taycan is one of the very few here) and asked where the emergency disconnect is. Not knowing, I downloaded Porsche’s Emergency Response Guide (link attached) and found it quite interesting. Of course I sent my friend the link as I’d want our fire department to have it handy, just in case! I like the following warning in the guide: “Lack of engine noise does not mean that the ignition is off.”
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Emergency Response Guide

A friend who is a fireman in our town’s all-volunteer fire company (founded in 1852!) said they train on electric cars (my Taycan is one of the very few here) and asked where the emergency disconnect is. Not knowing, I downloaded Porsche’s Emergency Response Guide (link attached) and found it quite interesting. Of course I sent my friend the link as I’d want our fire department to have it handy, just in case! I like the following warning in the guide: “Lack of engine noise does not mean that the ignition is off.”
Good reminder - for info, another member posted this and many other useful PDFs somewhere here on the forum - can't recall exactly where at the minute!

I had prev noticed the manual/fire hat logo on the panel in the car (rear) boot (in my case a CT) but TBH it was not immediately apparent as to how to detach the cover it was on - I should go back and investigate more!

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
What’s the emergency override for the doors. I’ve never figured this out.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Emergency Response Guide

Thanks for providing this.