tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Looking forward to this – during my next autumn road-trip and good to see that they are back running them again after the pandemic shutdown.

Anybody else been on it already?

Porsche Taycan Taycan Factory Tour Screenshot 2022-06-20 at 19.18.23
Sponsored

Last edited:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I’ve been invited last May, but couldn’t attend.
a colleague told me that it was great.

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
SO JEALOUS. OMG I would be like a wide-eyed kid full of wonder if I got a chance! Have fun!

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Not on the Taycan tour but the factory tour is amazing. They were building the Taycan assembly building when I did it in 2017. So awesome..... the assembly line moves so slowly. Every car is pretty much custom done. And them smoking cigarettes and drinking beer on their breaks is the best.
Be sure to make a reservation for lunch or dinner at Christophorus- the best ever.

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
I was setting up my Samsung flatscreen TV last week (God help me, I am still fiddling with menus etcl) and the native Samsung 'channels' featured a thing called AUTOSPORT.TV or something, the content is all stale-dated mini-docs about cars from all over the world.

I just happened to be calibrating the TV mindlessly when a Porsche doc came on about the Cayenne Hybrid. The announcer then cut away to a sequence dedicated to the MISSION-E PROJECT and I almost dropped my remote. I was astonished at how beautiful the concept car was and how close the production model stayed to the original vision.

To TIGERBALM, if you can post some photos of the the tour (if they allow it) I would be fascinated to see what's going on there. Very envious! :)

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
There is a strong possibility you might see my GTS on the production line! :giggle:

OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To TIGERBALM, if you can post some photos of the the tour (if they allow it) I would be fascinated to see what's going on there. Very envious! :)
FWIW they make it very clear that cameras, phones, etc have to be left in a locker before the tour.

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
I guess I'll just have to re-watch that DW Documentary on YouTube. It's unfortunate they don't allow photography but I understand.

OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I guess I'll just have to re-watch that DW Documentary on YouTube. It's unfortunate they don't allow photography but I understand.
I suspect it is more to do with not photographing staff at work (privacy laws) as it is about hiding manufacturing techniques or proprietary information.

Reactions: B61

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Awesome, do not miss it out if you have a chance. Will be good fun especially for the price.
I have been on the 911 line, could see all
the colours interior trims etc. Best to visit before finalising the configuration.