evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Despite being able to fit a small suitcase, the "Frunk" might not be as useful as it might appear. I typically leave an "emergency" generic level-2 charging cable and set of adapters in the frunk of my Model X. With a small bag holding the cable and adapters, I doubt you could fit the suitcase in the video. As such, we pretty much don't use the frunk at all in our Model X (other than for storage of the generic charging cable and adapters in case we should ever need it).

In contrast, the entire capacity of the trunk in our BMW i8 Roadster isn't much bigger than the frunk in the Taycan or Model X. ...and that's all we get! Not even a backseat! (It made the i8 euro delivery quite a challenge!)

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Also, it's just easier to use the trunk. My R8 only had the front trunk, but opening the hood to use it was always more work than just using the trunk on a normal car...

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Also, it's just easier to use the trunk. My R8 only had the front trunk, but opening the hood to use it was always more work than just using the trunk on a normal car...
Totally agree with that. To use frunk you need to wave your hand and pull a release and lift it up.
The trunk, alternatively, can be opened by waving your foot under bumper or pressing 1 button. Can't beat that!

Ymt400

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Tycan 4S in Gentian Blue: Previous: Macan S
Country flag
Has anybody tried fitting a golf trolley and clubs in the rear. Is there enough space.? Also would appreciate knowing the opening dimensions of the rear boot. Can’t locate this in specs. Thanks.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Has anybody tried fitting a golf trolley and clubs in the rear. Is there enough space.? Also would appreciate knowing the opening dimensions of the rear boot. Can’t locate this in specs. Thanks.
Well I thought Thomas from Autogefühl would have certainly brought his tape measure but he did not, but at offset 19:25 you can see how the 2+1 seat option gives nice split opportunities.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You can fit two bags with clubs easily, I didn’t try it with a trolley.
Porsche Taycan Taycan Frunk and Trunk Space Demonstration 1588864449562

Ymt400

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Tycan 4S in Gentian Blue: Previous: Macan S
Country flag
You can fit two bags with clubs easily, I didn’t try it with a trolley.
1588864449562.jpeg
Many thanks for the photo. It certainly big enough for two carry bags in the boot. Trolley will need to go inside.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
I’m 6 foot tall. I can sleep in the back of a Taycan. (Back seats folded down, front seats pushed forward)
Sponsored