Taycan glass roof without shade option

rcoday123

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I currently own a 2018 911 turbo s with glass roof and shade. When I drive it, if the sun is too bright I close shade. I’m currently in the process of building my 2022 TTS for March delivery. I like the premium package but I’m concerned about no shade. Can someone with glass roof please give me feedback of their experience. I usually will get a headache from sun beating down on me. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
It is quite dark for a glass roof. I don't notice any issues at all. I'm not exactly in Las Vegas, but I mostly drive in hot and humid months in NY.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I currently own a 2018 911 turbo s with glass roof and shade. When I drive it, if the sun is too bright I close shade. I’m currently in the process of building my 2022 TTS for March delivery. I like the premium package but I’m concerned about no shade. Can someone with glass roof please give me feedback of their experience. I usually will get a headache from sun beating down on me. Thank you in advance.
Welcome to the forum. If you use the forum search feature, you will find many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many prior threads on this topic with a range of opinions. For example:

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 C4GTS; 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It’s dark enough that unless I look up I don’t even remember it’s glass.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Mostly personal preference. I read the other threads on the Glass roof. I like the way the Taycan looks better without it so I ordered all the parts I wanted separately and left out the glass roof. Plus I live in the desert Southwest and anything that helps even a bit with heat reduction is a win for me.

Some people feel it makes the inside, back seat, feel "gloomy". I don't see that being a problem in southern Arizona.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I am in hot/sunny Florida and while I have never been seated in the rear I have never had an issue with too much sun affecting the interior.
the car is not delivered with any shade.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Kyle of "Out of Spec Reviews" (YouTube) says in his recent review of the L.A. Auto Show, in the section on the new Taycan GTS Sport Turismo, that Porsche told him that there will be electrochromic glass coming in 2022 or 2023 for the roof, which will allowing dimming of light passing through the glass roof.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Mostly personal preference. I read the other threads on the Glass roof. I like the way the Taycan looks better without it so I ordered all the parts I wanted separately and left out the glass roof. Plus I live in the desert Southwest and anything that helps even a bit with heat reduction is a win for me.

Some people feel it makes the inside, back seat, feel "gloomy". I don't see that being a problem in southern Arizona.
Some folk don't have a choice - if you want roof bars then you must have the roof and the rails.
Sponsored