Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Dealers in the US got their formal GTS announcement today along with allocations. If anyone is in the market for one, check with your dealership asap. If you need help finding one with an allocation, PM me and I'll help. No promises on pricing, most will be MSRP and up I believe, but I can see who's willing to deal.
Sponsored

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Dealers in the US got their formal GTS announcement today along with allocations. If anyone is in the market for one, check with your dealership asap. If you need help finding one with an allocation, PM me and I'll help. No promises on pricing, most will be MSRP and up I believe, but I can see who's willing to deal.
Are there more allocations for all variants?

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
The GTS allocations are extra allocations that dealers didn't have before. There aren't any extra allocations for other models.
I would think GTS, T, TTS would be a priority with VW. Juicy margins and hot their EV mandates

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I would think GTS, T, TTS would be a priority with VW. Juicy margins and hot their EV mandates
Ehh, the Taycan is a unique product where they need to maintain some level of scarcity (as they do with the 911). Aside from that, there really are major supply chain issues.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Ehh, the Taycan is a unique product where they need to maintain some level of scarcity (as they do with the 911). Aside from that, there really are major supply chain issues.
Can imagine. Will not even ask my SA as I already was lucky enough to get a Taycan CT-4 that just finished production this week. GTS? Nice option but hey sometimes one can be greedy and am sure these will be gone for the most part in a week and the wait if Amelen is correct will be just as long for the Taycan GTS as it is for the 992 GTS variants with ADMs likely from many but not all dealerships! Good luck my friends...beautiful car!

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I’m interested in a sport turismo allocation to swap for my just purchased cross turismo. If you’ve got a line on a dealer that has an open sport turismo, particularly one that’s in the western US, I’ll take their info.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’m interested in a sport turismo allocation to swap for my just purchased cross turismo. If you’ve got a line on a dealer that has an open sport turismo, particularly one that’s in the western US, I’ll take their info.
PM me your info, I'll make some intro's. Generally speaking, west-coast dealers are all above MSRP :/

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
That roof alone is SWEET! I'm ordering GTS ASAP.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PM me your info, I'll make some intro's. Generally speaking, west-coast dealers are all above MSRP :/
Amelen...But thanks for the initial assistance with my CT4 allocation search....I got one locally but you did provide a good introduction and they were responsive. Makes me wonder if I should swap over to a GTS Sport Turismo but my god the build went almost $30k above my current car. Gives me pause. But that sunroof tho man!

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Amelen...But thanks for the initial assistance with my CT4 allocation search....I got one locally but you did provide a good introduction and they were responsive. Makes me wonder if I should swap over to a GTS Sport Turismo but my god the build went almost $30k above my current car. Gives me pause. But that sunroof tho man!
No problem. Crazy times now with pricing - sorry I couldn't help more. This time last year, I was helping people get 8% off Taycan's :\ Now it's +8%+

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No problem. Crazy times now with pricing - sorry I couldn't help more. This time last year, I was helping people get 8% off Taycan's :\ Now it's +8%+
No you were good...great and they responded quickly but didn't have an allocation yet while I literally just walked into one at my local dealer at MSRP eventhough 8% off would have been great too! Now finding an allocation for anything is lets just say interesting....also why I am keeping my CT4 as while the GTS is appealing...the price point isn't for the differences in how I'd spec my car. Best parts to me on the GTS are side rockers/sills, GTS wheels, and new panoramic roof to be honest. All but the latter likely can be retrofitted in some form to a CT4. CT4 height can be lowered and like the flexibility and side cladding doesn't bother me that much and as a few had done can be removed/repainted I hear/have seen.

But you're great and appreciate your efforts man!

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
No you were good...great and they responded quickly but didn't have an allocation yet while I literally just walked into one at my local dealer at MSRP eventhough 8% off would have been great too! Now finding an allocation for anything is lets just say interesting....also why I am keeping my CT4 as while the GTS is appealing...the price point isn't for the differences in how I'd spec my car. Best parts to me on the GTS are side rockers/sills, GTS wheels, and new panoramic roof to be honest. All but the latter likely can be retrofitted in some form to a CT4. CT4 height can be lowered and like the flexibility and side cladding doesn't bother me that much and as a few had done can be removed/repainted I hear/have seen.

But you're great and appreciate your efforts man!
No problem! I want to say it will get better soon, but the guidance I'm getting from the OEM's is at least 12mo of this.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No problem! I want to say it will get better soon, but the guidance I'm getting from the OEM's is at least 12mo of this.
Yeah that's what my SA and all of my friends in the industry are saying also due to a combination of things some COVID19 caused and others as a result of 2nd and 3rd order effects of how the cars and supply/logistics have been done in the past. Lots of folks telling themselves its still temporary and want to believe what they want to and/or they can just throw enough money and a car/allocation will appear but like you're saying will be a bit more than that due to many things going on at the same time! Yes it will be awhile...
Sponsored