oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I am starting with a warning. I have absolutely no internal information or anything. I am just good at math and drawing conclusions from public knowledge.

I have tried to come up with suggested pricing for the GTS SS/ST. The math is mostly based on US pricing since there are fewer taxes on cars there and it makes it easier to find the "naked" price of the car. You have to adjust for VAT and other taxes in your local area.

A Macan GTS is 20 % more expensive than a Macan S before options.
A Cayenne GTS is 26 % more expensive than a Macan S before options.
A Panamera GTS is 23 % more expensive than a Panamera 4s before options.

Furthermore the Panamera GTS Sport Turismo is 5 % more expensive than a Panamera GTS Sport Sedan.

This should give us some measure of what the pricing might be.

Assuming a 25 % increase of the price of a Taycan 4s in the US, the starting price would be 1.25*$ 109370 = $117000

Assuming again a 5 % increase for the Sport Turismo over the Sport Sedan, the GTS Sport Turismo will then be 1.05*117000 = $123000

I have concluded that in Norway the GTS SS would be priced at NOK 1 175 000 and the GTS ST will be priced at NOK 1 250 000.

In addition the GTS might include this equipment:
  • Leather or Racetex seats
  • 20" rims in black (no indication which)
  • 18 way sports seats
  • Sport Chrono
  • Black logo and window trim
  • Sport Design package
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Automatic dimming mirrors
This is of course pure speculation and I might be completely off the chart here. Your suggested input is very welcome. If the Sport Turismo only comes with the large battery but the Sports Sedan can also come with the small battery, it might change things.
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I am starting with a warning. I have absolutely no internal information or anything. I am just good at math and drawing conclusions from public knowledge.

I have tried to come up with suggested pricing for the GTS SS/ST. The math is mostly based on US pricing since there are fewer taxes on cars there and it makes it easier to find the "naked" price of the car. You have to adjust for VAT and other taxes in your local area.

A Macan GTS is 20 % more expensive than a Macan S before options.
A Cayenne GTS is 26 % more expensive than a Macan S before options.
A Panamera GTS is 23 % more expensive than a Panamera 4s before options.

Furthermore the Panamera GTS Sport Turismo is 5 % more expensive than a Panamera GTS Sport Sedan.

This should give us some measure of what the pricing might be.

Assuming a 25 % increase of the price of a Taycan 4s in the US, the starting price would be 1.25*$ 109370 = $117000

Assuming again a 5 % increase for the Sport Turismo over the Sport Sedan, the GTS Sport Turismo will then be 1.05*117000 = $123000

I have concluded that in Norway the GTS SS would be priced at NOK 1 175 000 and the GTS ST will be priced at NOK 1 250 000.

In addition the GTS might include this equipment:
  • Leather or Racetex seats
  • 20" rims in black (no indication which)
  • 18 way sports seats
  • Sport Chrono
  • Black logo and window trim
  • Sport Design package
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Automatic dimming mirrors
This is of course pure speculation and I might be completely off the chart here. Your suggested input is very welcome. If the Sport Turismo only comes with the large battery but the Sports Sedan can also come with the small battery, it might change things.
Thanks @oalsaker for this interesting projection. Small glitch: 1.25*$109370=$136713. I guess that would lift your expected price of a GTS ST to NOK 1 460 000?

OP
OP
oalsaker

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I don't really have any particular wishes. I am mostly curious whether I could afford one. So far the answer seems to be "no" ?

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
What I want is a 4S with all the performance boxes ticked. That's really hard to find in the US. The dealers want to keep the MSRP right at around 130-135k and consider the premium package and battery "must haves," which doesn't give them room to add much more. Usually when they decide to go past that 135k limit, it's to add bigger wheels. If the wheels they choose are the Mission E ones you get PSCB but that's it.

OP
OP
oalsaker

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
What I want is a 4S with all the performance boxes ticked. That's really hard to find in the US. The dealers want to keep the MSRP right at around 130-135k and consider the premium package and battery "must haves," which doesn't give them room to add much more. Usually when they decide to go past that 135k limit, it's to add bigger wheels. If the wheels they choose are the Mission E ones you get PSCB but that's it.
How about ordering one to your own specifications?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
How about ordering one to your own specifications?
Perhaps that's a subject for a different thread. But of all the dealers in my area, either they haven't got allocations and therefore can't help me, or they have allocations but only seem to want to sell me cars they have on their lots.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Perhaps that's a subject for a different thread. But of all the dealers in my area, either they haven't got allocations and therefore can't help me, or they have allocations but only seem to want to sell me cars they have on their lots.
Contact a dealer out of your state. My father did that for 2 new P-cars since the dealer near him at the time wouldn't do shit for him. (cash buyer - circa 2001 & 2012) Luckily we are blessed to have the best dealer ever now. :)

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The progression from base -> S/4S -> GTS -> Turbo -> Turbo S always includes performance and of course price increases at each step. The biggest mechanical change related to performance between the 4S and the Turbo is the rear motor. So what would be squeezed in between those two levels? The same rear motor as the Turbo but electronically limited in performance?

There could be other things in chassis, brakes.

Will be interesting to see.

OP
OP
oalsaker

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
It's a little off topic from the thread, @amelen but this is @schad's problem