Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
So GTS would be priced so much higher than a
I am starting with a warning. I have absolutely no internal information or anything. I am just good at math and drawing conclusions from public knowledge.

I have tried to come up with suggested pricing for the GTS SS/ST. The math is mostly based on US pricing since there are fewer taxes on cars there and it makes it easier to find the "naked" price of the car. You have to adjust for VAT and other taxes in your local area.

A Macan GTS is 20 % more expensive than a Macan S before options.
A Cayenne GTS is 26 % more expensive than a Macan S before options.
A Panamera GTS is 23 % more expensive than a Panamera 4s before options.

Furthermore the Panamera GTS Sport Turismo is 5 % more expensive than a Panamera GTS Sport Sedan.

This should give us some measure of what the pricing might be.

Assuming a 25 % increase of the price of a Taycan 4s in the US, the starting price would be 1.25*$ 109370 = $117000

Assuming again a 5 % increase for the Sport Turismo over the Sport Sedan, the GTS Sport Turismo will then be 1.05*117000 = $123000

I have concluded that in Norway the GTS SS would be priced at NOK 1 175 000 and the GTS ST will be priced at NOK 1 250 000.

In addition the GTS might include this equipment:
  • Leather or Racetex seats
  • 20" rims in black (no indication which)
  • 18 way sports seats
  • Sport Chrono
  • Black logo and window trim
  • Sport Design package
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Automatic dimming mirrors
This is of course pure speculation and I might be completely off the chart here. Your suggested input is very welcome. If the Sport Turismo only comes with the large battery but the Sports Sedan can also come with the small battery, it might change things.
So GTS would be priced so much higher than a 4S? 25% is a lot.

OP
OP
oalsaker

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
So GTS would be priced so much higher than a 4S? 25% is a lot.
A Panamera 4s is $105000 while a GTS is $129300. We can wish the price difference to be lower but I don't think that helps

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

themickd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2020 Macan S
Country flag
How about ordering one to your own specifications?
I did that as well, and it locked today! It's remarkable IMO what poor taste the dealers in the Pacific Northwest have in terms of spec'ing options for their inventory. They all want MSRP anyway, so figured I'd order exactly what I wanted. I found one slot available and jumped on it.

I optioned it with all the performance options except the ceramic brakes which I think is a waste on the Taycan given the nature of the dual braking setup (regenerative plus traditional disc). I also ordered the tech package (which I may regret) and the sport design wheels along with some other cosmetic upgrades (like alcantara headliner). Who knows what will happen, but it is supposed to be at the dealer on August 28th. I hate to wish away the summer months but I can't wait to receive her!

seskiyapan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am starting with a warning. I have absolutely no internal information or anything. I am just good at math and drawing conclusions from public knowledge.

I have tried to come up with suggested pricing for the GTS SS/ST. The math is mostly based on US pricing since there are fewer taxes on cars there and it makes it easier to find the "naked" price of the car. You have to adjust for VAT and other taxes in your local area.

A Macan GTS is 20 % more expensive than a Macan S before options.
A Cayenne GTS is 26 % more expensive than a Macan S before options.
A Panamera GTS is 23 % more expensive than a Panamera 4s before options.

Furthermore the Panamera GTS Sport Turismo is 5 % more expensive than a Panamera GTS Sport Sedan.

This should give us some measure of what the pricing might be.

Assuming a 25 % increase of the price of a Taycan 4s in the US, the starting price would be 1.25*$ 109370 = $117000

Assuming again a 5 % increase for the Sport Turismo over the Sport Sedan, the GTS Sport Turismo will then be 1.05*117000 = $123000

I have concluded that in Norway the GTS SS would be priced at NOK 1 175 000 and the GTS ST will be priced at NOK 1 250 000.

In addition the GTS might include this equipment:
  • Leather or Racetex seats
  • 20" rims in black (no indication which)
  • 18 way sports seats
  • Sport Chrono
  • Black logo and window trim
  • Sport Design package
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Automatic dimming mirrors
This is of course pure speculation and I might be completely off the chart here. Your suggested input is very welcome. If the Sport Turismo only comes with the large battery but the Sports Sedan can also come with the small battery, it might change things.
Not to forget centerlock wheels with a new wheel design .

seskiyapan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I also think Taycan has the worst rims selection in the current models. Only rims that catch my eye is the Mission e and Turbo aero . The rest of them is not comparable to rims of 911,Macan or Cayenne at all . Their main concern was efficiency I guess.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I also think Taycan has the worst rims selection in the current models. Only rims that catch my eye is the Mission e and Turbo aero . The rest of them is not comparable to rims of 911,Macan or Cayenne at all . Their main concern was efficiency I guess.
They aren't has ugly as some other base Porsche wheels (i.e. base cayenne) especially wheels of yesteryear. Mission E type are cool. I ordered 20" turbo aero on my RWD.

seskiyapan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
They aren't has ugly as some other base Porsche wheels (i.e. base cayenne) especially wheels of yesteryear. Mission E type are cool. I ordered 20" turbo aero on my RWD.
I think the base Taycan wheel is the ugliest they had done so far. Disgusting .

OP
OP
oalsaker

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
If I am going to hazard a guess on the wheels, I think the GTS gets the Turbo Aero wheels in black. They are similar to the Spyder Design wheels given with the Macan GTS.

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
I'm not a big fan of the GTS series. Generally speaking not a big fan of "black stuff" on cars. Black badges, black window trim, black wheels,...

I get the "sporty version" thing, just not why this is associated with putting black stuff on the car.

LOL, maybe I'm just getting old in my "grand pa version" Cherry 4S with chrome window trim and chalk/cream seats. ?