KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Performance, M5 Comp
Country flag
After patiently waiting and delay after delay, it’s finally here. Absolutely stunning. I took it in for a full XPEL Stealth and ceramic on body, windows, and wheels. 35% ceramic window tint + heat rejection. It’s a subtle tint and I love the look.

I’m still learning the interface and so far things are good. Apple CarPlay works great so far and I like the passenger screen.

I debated on the stealth wrap a bunch because I really really love Neptune … but I’m so so so happy the way this turned out in

Delivery Day!

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS Sport Turismo is home, safe and sound [Neptune Blue, XPEL Stealth PPF + Ceramic Coat] 0A6E9BB5-1887-4EF3-991B-1234A94580A8

Prepping for tints and wrap
Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS Sport Turismo is home, safe and sound [Neptune Blue, XPEL Stealth PPF + Ceramic Coat] 2796BC6E-52E8-4E7A-BB7D-942B392B457D

Progress on the wrap
Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS Sport Turismo is home, safe and sound [Neptune Blue, XPEL Stealth PPF + Ceramic Coat] 27BB872C-79DA-494E-B67E-26D153BFC635

It’s home!!

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS Sport Turismo is home, safe and sound [Neptune Blue, XPEL Stealth PPF + Ceramic Coat] DDCAE451-0871-443B-BCE1-17CDFBFBACF0

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS Sport Turismo is home, safe and sound [Neptune Blue, XPEL Stealth PPF + Ceramic Coat] C5EE7E8F-D032-4274-8197-584AEAF7EDCA

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS Sport Turismo is home, safe and sound [Neptune Blue, XPEL Stealth PPF + Ceramic Coat] 993D1C86-3C3B-4A42-BAF8-58F825614908

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS Sport Turismo is home, safe and sound [Neptune Blue, XPEL Stealth PPF + Ceramic Coat] 8CDBA7A4-A333-487B-BB41-85D3433E1BE4

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS Sport Turismo is home, safe and sound [Neptune Blue, XPEL Stealth PPF + Ceramic Coat] 2576B2E7-B901-4BCB-85AB-73B8664FA422

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS Sport Turismo is home, safe and sound [Neptune Blue, XPEL Stealth PPF + Ceramic Coat] D7570AC4-C0C2-4C32-B1D8-02C77DB8797C

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
Are you in Chicago? Looks like the Chicago auto pro shop.

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
Danggg who was your dealer? I just finally got my allocation a few weeks ago after being promised a year I was “First in line”, haha.

OP
OP

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Danggg who was your dealer? I just finally got my allocation a few weeks ago after being promised a year I was “First in line”, haha.
Porsche Downtown Chicago. I had a very good experience with all the folks there. Communicative, prompt, all professional. Got a great unsolicited overview of the front of a Taycan while I was roaming through from the lead technician.

I had been chasing an allocation since the GTS ST was rumored, I think as early as October 21. Got it in March with an approx 4/21 lock. Was confirmed after the freeze date passed :) but all was well.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Looks great. The first Neptune GTS ST I've seen. Same as my order which should go to production soon. Any chance of some photos outdoors at some point?

OP
OP

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks great. The first Neptune GTS ST I've seen. Same as my order which should go to production soon. Any chance of some photos outdoors at some point?
I would but it doesn't leave the garage!

Kidding! Will do soon!

mgwally

First Name
Wallace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Looks amazing! Congrats! I have a very similar build: Neptune Blue, Chalk interior, white PSCB. Mine is scheduled for April delivery.

Icebergmikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 850i, Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
Congrats that stealth looks great! That PPF installer did a great job

OP
OP

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m starting to learn the quirks and features of the Taycan! Here’s some commentary so far -
  1. Burmester audio has been worth every penny so far. I’m blown away.
  2. The handling has been unbelievable. I feel like I’m in total control.
  3. The overhead display seems poorly executed compared to my old M5 Comp. The text seems too small and non adjustable.
  4. The Sport sound is awesome. It’s different and seems natural and unforced. I’m really in love with it.
  5. I’m annoyed that I have to set the drive mode every time I enter the vehicle. Just leave me in individual!
  6. Apple CarPlay has been flawless so far. I’m really enjoying the interface responsiveness and integration. I haven’t tried native Spotify yet but it’s on my list. I set the passenger screen to always show media so that’s been pretty awesome to see what’s playing while another app is open on the main screen.
  7. The additional menu or sub option button on the bottom right of the main screen is such a sneaky little button. It’s quite annoying that it exists.
  8. I feel that the customizable button on the left side of the steering wheel is a tad bit too far for my liking. I like to use it for skip track and it’s not ergonomic.
  9. The rear view camera fisheye mode is annoying the hell out of me. Is there a way to set the normal FOV as a permanent option? This is probably the thing I hate most so far.
  10. I configured Individual Mode and set everything to Sport, however the chassis can not be set to Lift. Lift seems to be pretty confusing to me. I just want it in lift, I live in a city where the roads will wipe your bottom out!
One annoying thing I am facing post wrap - I am seeing an LCA/EW error, service required (similar thread https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/lca-not-working-service-required.2082/). I took it in today and the lead tech explained that it’s not a simple calibration, but they put it on some sort of tool to calibrate some ultra sensitive sensors. The cost of this recalibration service is $1,200. He also mentioned that there is no way to avoid this post wrap without a calibration.

Here are a few more pictures while out today -

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS Sport Turismo is home, safe and sound [Neptune Blue, XPEL Stealth PPF + Ceramic Coat] 58F66268-B882-4839-8F19-8BDCC0DA9306

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS Sport Turismo is home, safe and sound [Neptune Blue, XPEL Stealth PPF + Ceramic Coat] 92CB279D-2190-433D-8EF1-82C4C1578724

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
8. I use that diamond button for “next song” and i like it.

9. You can switch feom fisheye to (little) more normal view, but in that case you loose red lines.

10. Afaik Liftis not available to use on higher speed, but you can can select High, if i remember correct.

oh, before i forget: congrats & enyoj! :like:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
10. Afaik Liftis not available to use on higher speed, but you can can select High, if i remember correct.
Lift cancels when speed reaches/exceeds* 30kph (*=not sure which, as I'm on mph).

Reactions: B61

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
I would love to get the rear bumper sprayed or wrapped - it really is a large piece of plastic that sticks out and cheapens the whole back.

Looks awesome - really love how unique these cars can look compared to each other even.
Sponsored