Taycan GTS Sport Turismo on order... saying goodbye to my Cross Turismo argh!

OP
OP

nerraw

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT, Volvo XC60, Taycan GTS ST on order
Country flag
Anyone got an idea of roughly when the first cars are going to hit build / dealers?
I spoke to a couple of dealers prior to placing my deposit. None had a reliable estimate - mid next year was as good as I got
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Haha thanks! I am still torn really. I am in my early 40s, so most days I just want an understated-yet-amazing-looking car that I will enjoy driving. Which is why I did not hold back with the interior options - HUD and red seat belts, must haves - and saved with the exterior options. This me is voting for ice grey or crayon as the colour for the GTS ST.

But there are the sunny days when I think Carmine Red is really just going to nail it, and that I will have plenty of time (I hope) for a conservative colour in my later years so I might as well do it now.

Variable light control - I doubt it would be worth the cost (figuring it would be pricey!). In my other cars the pano roof has always had the screen open for maximum light, except possibly in the hottest days of summer.
Have you tried the HUD already - I had a demo 4S CT and did not like the HUD at all, superfluous and in the end annoying given the excellent digital cockpit display which is already in front of you. Personal choice of course but if you've not tried it yet it might be worthwhile doing so and then potentially divert those funds to something else you don't really need but is desirable (RAS with PS+ should be on your list).

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
I have it and rarely look up or even notice it. I would skip it next time.

Have you tried the HUD already - I had a demo 4S CT and did not like the HUD at all, superfluous and in the end annoying given the excellent digital cockpit display which is already in front of you. Personal choice of course but if you've not tried it yet it might be worthwhile doing so and then potentially divert those funds to something else you don't really need but is desirable (RAS with PS+ should be on your list).

OP
OP

nerraw

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT, Volvo XC60, Taycan GTS ST on order
Country flag
I love my HUD. I had it on my Volvo, and on the CT it is even better. It is really practical - I can see my speed and the speed limits in my direct line of sight, which is really useful for the 20/30mph zones. And just as useful at just over 70mph when you want to uhm... carefully skirt the limits? :)

There are of course other functions, but this alone to me is worth the price.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I love my HUD. I had it on my Volvo, and on the CT it is even better. It is really practical - I can see my speed and the speed limits in my direct line of sight, which is really useful for the 20/30mph zones. And just as useful at just over 70mph when you want to uhm... carefully skirt the limits? :)

There are of course other functions, but this alone to me is worth the price.
You could of course enable the speed limit function on speed sign recognition to curtail your 20 / 30 mph excesses!

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Anyone have experience with the Innodrive?
Does it really benefit the usable range that much? I don't particular want it for the (limited) self-driving aspects.
Any other reasons to include it on a spec?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Does it really benefit the usable range that much? I don't particular want it for the (limited) self-driving aspects.
Not worth the $ IMO. I didn't spec mine with it.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Doesn't help with range at all I suspect as that's more down to how to drive. If you have ACC then you can trial it via FoD before committing to a subscription but note you must have ACC factory fitted to be able to do that.

BartA

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
I can’t imagine having a lower car. I think the cross tourismo height is perfect in regular setting for speed bumps, driveways all of that. When first got it I kept it in lowered mode and it would scrape here and there. Once I kept it in Regular it’s cleared everything and the lift is a pain. So I’m going to pass.
Was thinking the same thing. I’m currently owning Macan GTS. It’s not maybe a low car but the suspension is definitely stiffer than regular Macan and as far as I know it’s 10mm lower.
GTS is GTS, these models have better overall value but CT will probably be a better daily. I’m waiting with my order till some comparison tests.

BartA

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
My dealership in Europe said that they have 1 slot free for Sport Turismo production for January.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Doesn't help with range at all I suspect as that's more down to how to drive. If you have ACC then you can trial it via FoD before committing to a subscription but note you must have ACC factory fitted to be able to do that.
Thanks, in that case, I think I’ll go with ACC at this stage.
Sponsored