Taycan GTS Sport Turismo on order... saying goodbye to my Cross Turismo argh!

nerraw

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT, Volvo XC60, Taycan GTS ST on order
Country flag
I've taken the plunge and placed a deposit on the GTS Sport Turismo, with my Taycan 4 CT just barely a month old :CWL:

I love my base CT, but I've been somewhat regretting not going with a 4S. I particularly would love the red brake calipers and the 21" Cross Turismo design wheels. And in hindsight I would have also specced the off road package / Bose. I left all those out as I already had £12k worth of other must-have (to me, at least!) options and didn't want a base CT with nearly £20k worth of extras. Darned "sensibility" check!

Like many of you I'm torn between CT and ST: I've grown to love the rugged look of the CT, the practicality of gravel mode in the UK, and the couple of mm of added ride height. I almost feel SUV-ish in it. And Volcano grey looks even better when there's a bit of mud splatter all around.

However, the other part of me secretly wants something more "supercar" than SUV. It's a Porsche damnit. I've waited this many years to own my first, so, really, £594 so that my interior door levers are in glossy Carmine red is absolutely worth it.

Here's my build:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNXFQ2V7

And, oh, it thankfully still passes the sensibility check - if I were to build a 4S to look like this it would be just £6k less than the GTS!

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS Sport Turismo on order... saying goodbye to my Cross Turismo argh! 1637190074282

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS Sport Turismo on order... saying goodbye to my Cross Turismo argh! 1637190107186

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS Sport Turismo on order... saying goodbye to my Cross Turismo argh! 1637190119413

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
I can’t imagine having a lower car. I think the cross tourismo height is perfect in regular setting for speed bumps, driveways all of that. When first got it I kept it in lowered mode and it would scrape here and there. Once I kept it in Regular it’s cleared everything and the lift is a pain. So I’m going to pass.

neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan, Renault Zoe
Country flag
I've taken the plunge and placed a deposit on the GTS Sport Turismo, with my Taycan 4 CT just barely a month old :CWL:

I love my base CT, but I've been somewhat regretting not going with a 4S. I particularly would love the red brake calipers and the 21" Cross Turismo design wheels. And in hindsight I would have also specced the off road package / Bose. I left all those out as I already had £12k worth of other must-have (to me, at least!) options and didn't want a base CT with nearly £20k worth of extras. Darned "sensibility" check!

Like many of you I'm torn between CT and ST: I've grown to love the rugged look of the CT, the practicality of gravel mode in the UK, and the couple of mm of added ride height. I almost feel SUV-ish in it. And Volcano grey looks even better when there's a bit of mud splatter all around.

However, the other part of me secretly wants something more "supercar" than SUV. It's a Porsche damnit. I've waited this many years to own my first, so, really, £594 so that my interior door levers are in glossy Carmine red is absolutely worth it.

Here's my build:

And, oh, it thankfully still passes the sensibility check - if I were to build a 4S to look like this it would be just £6k less than the GTS!

1637190074282.png

1637190107186.png

1637190119413.png
Did they give you any idea on part-ex value? I did a WBAC on my month-old 4 CT and, without even considering the options, came in at £5k under what I paid...
I also see CTs at above list on Porsche approved site

PCAR-KAISER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag

Here's my build:

1637190074282.png

1637190107186.png

1637190119413.png
I’m in a similar boat to you, and I haven’t even taken delivery yet!

In April I order a 4SCT which was delayed until March ‘22, so I managed to squeeze into a 4CT September (which became October) build, due to take delivery early December.

The idea was to have it 4/5 months and hopefully get out even when the 4S came…..anyway waited forever for a 4SCT allocation, and literally a week to the day have just switched it over to the GTS ST.

Have I fallen out of love with the Cross Turismo before I’ve even got it….no not really it’s an awesome machine…also means I’ll have a couple extra months with it!

it’s amazing the amount of people who said “if only it came without the plastic arches”…but are now in the “I prefer the CT camp”.

When the Sport Turismo rolls out to the rest of the range I think it will cannibalise a lot of CT orders.

Macan EV and Taycan Sport Turismo doesn’t leave a lot of space for the Cross Turismo…..my 2 cents

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Macan EV and Taycan Sport Turismo doesn’t leave a lot of space for the Cross Turismo…..my 2 cents
Well whilst I don't like the off road package (so didn't select it) or the plastic on the arches the extra 20mm and the better ride that gives means I would choose the CT over the saloon (which I prefer the look of) anyway, so the ST offers me nowt!

I don't see the Macan, which is not only a SUV (which I hate) but is one of the 3 tuned VAG platforms, as opposed to "proper" Porches, as an alternative to any model of Taycan.

I suppose everybody's view depends on the sort of roads they drive on and family circumstance but actually the Taycan Cross Turismo is the only current Porsche which suits my criteria...

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
Did they give you any idea on part-ex value? I did a WBAC on my month-old 4 CT and, without even considering the options, came in at £5k under what I paid...
I have my dealer's first ST GTS on order and will need to move on my CT4S when the time comes so am also watching values. My dealer told me a couple of weeks ago that a CT4S that they had supplied was recently sold on at a £12K profit (and he said it wasn't a particularly desirable spec). There's people out there who will pay over list not to have to wait but it's a fine line as to how long that will last... I doubt the used value will suffer TOO much in the next six months though. ???

Unlike my last car (Aston Martin Vantage).... now THAT was painful! :oops:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Here's my build:

1637190074282.png

1637190107186.png

1637190119413.png
It's as bold as brass man - well done!

Still not sure on Carmine - looks great in pictures, videos etc but in the gloomy North it just doesn't pop for me. I've mine currently spec'd with the stock favourite Volcano but wish I could add silver window surrounds (I know, I'm old) to complete the look. There's time yet for Porsche to allow a few more choices on the configurator so who knows.

Will you modify your build to alter the Pano roof to include the variable light control once on the config (I don't think it will be standard - hopefully I'm wrong)?

Also like minded I think I'll stick with leather rather than mix and match.

SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 996.2 C2 Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Anyone got an idea of roughly when the first cars are going to hit build / dealers?

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Anyone got an idea of roughly when the first cars are going to hit build / dealers?
should be Q2 2022 according to the press release.

I’ve been in contact with my dealer about this car for the last 6 months or more and placed a deposit yesterday morning, so am hoping to get one if their first cars.

the Sport Turismo addresses everything I didn’t like about the Cross Turismo, and the sports-oriented GTS spec is exactly what I’m looking for.

SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 996.2 C2 Coupe 6MT
Country flag
I think I'm one of the few going for the GTS saloon. I assume they will come out at the same time but I wonder how many of each there will be. My gut feeling is 70% Sport Tourismo.

OP
OP

nerraw

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, I did WBAC as well and it was also about £4k below what I paid. I did not ask about part-ex, I figured whatever they said now wasn't going to hold anyway.

But it would interesting to see what they offer compared to WBAC, as they would understand the value of the options etc... or so we hope?

OP
OP

nerraw

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
it’s amazing the amount of people who said “if only it came without the plastic arches”…but are now in the “I prefer the CT camp”.

When the Sport Turismo rolls out to the rest of the range I think it will cannibalise a lot of CT orders.

Hahaha it's amazing how new design is sometimes controversial at first, and then people grow into it...

You may have a point, if you benchmark with Audi / Volvo's cross-road offerings. I don't believe they sell very well, and have always thought they looked weird. Like a jacked up stationwagon, with extra plastic bits.

However - I do think that Porsche has nailed it with the CT, it just looks beautifully proportioned. To me it is the versatile, practical, rugged option. One where it looks equally good on a muddy school run, and on the red carpet in Mayfair.

I think the ST loses some of the muddy school run good looks, but trades it for a bit more glam if, like me, you still secretly want to be more 911 than SUV.

I am excited about the Macan EV. What a wonderful world it would be if you could afford both in your future electric garage - a Taycan GTS, and a Macan EV.

Otherwise both the CT and ST will be a great "compromise"!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I think I'm one of the few going for the GTS saloon. I assume they will come out at the same time but I wonder how many of each there will be. My gut feeling is 70% Sport Tourismo.
I suspect those of us who can't be tempted by the offensive plastic wheel arches of the CT will opt for the GTS ST (or wait longer for the ST body to cascade through the range). If Audi is anything to go by there are more non-All Road A4 / A6 Avants on the road than not and so perhaps this is indicative of what the buying public prefer. 70% sounds about right if not higher - time will tell.

OP
OP

nerraw

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have my dealer's first ST GTS on order and will need to move on my CT4S when the time comes so am also watching values. My dealer told me a couple of weeks ago that a CT4S that they had supplied was recently sold on at a £12K profit (and he said it wasn't a particularly desirable spec). There's people out there who will pay over list not to have to wait but it's a fine line as to how long that will last... I doubt the used value will suffer TOO much in the next six months though. ???

Unlike my last car (Aston Martin Vantage).... now THAT was painful! :oops:
Long may this continue. I can tell my wife that these cars are all "investments" now, really, and that buying any other brand would be silly as those depreciate!

OP
OP

nerraw

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's as bold as brass man - well done!

Still not sure on Carmine - looks great in pictures, videos etc but in the gloomy North it just doesn't pop for me. I've mine currently spec'd with the stock favourite Volcano but wish I could add silver window surrounds (I know, I'm old) to complete the look. There's time yet for Porsche to allow a few more choices on the configurator so who knows.

Will you modify your build to alter the Pano roof to include the variable light control once on the config (I don't think it will be standard - hopefully I'm wrong)?

Also like minded I think I'll stick with leather rather than mix and match.
Haha thanks! I am still torn really. I am in my early 40s, so most days I just want an understated-yet-amazing-looking car that I will enjoy driving. Which is why I did not hold back with the interior options - HUD and red seat belts, must haves - and saved with the exterior options. This me is voting for ice grey or crayon as the colour for the GTS ST.

But there are the sunny days when I think Carmine Red is really just going to nail it, and that I will have plenty of time (I hope) for a conservative colour in my later years so I might as well do it now.

Variable light control - I doubt it would be worth the cost (figuring it would be pricey!). In my other cars the pano roof has always had the screen open for maximum light, except possibly in the hottest days of summer.
Sponsored