Taycan GTS tinted rear windows

sl32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I finally ordered my Taycan GTS and was wondering if the rear windows come tinted? I don’t see any privacy/tint option and the preview in the configurator doesn’t show tinted rear windows. However when I look at actual photos on Google they appear to be tinted? Can someone who already took delivery please clarify whether rear windows are tinted or not? Thanks in advance.

Bonus question, does anyone have a rough ballpark for current delivery times? My dealer said he doesn’t know and could be anywhere from 3-18 months.
Sponsored

Deleted member 7736

From what I understand, the window tint option is available in certain regions but not in the US. My 2022 Turbo S came with all windows untinted, and there was no option available to select tinted windows.

most_vexing_parse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-tron, Porsche Taycan GTS, Macan Turbo (order)
Country flag
Bonus question, does anyone have a rough ballpark for current delivery times? My dealer said he doesn’t know and could be anywhere from 3-18 months.
Hi, welcome to the forum! For the GTS, I've heard delivery times as long as 24 months. Demand is massively exceeding supply right now. If you want the car, you'll have to wait, with uncertainty around how long, and be very patient about it. If that doesn't match your situation (needs, personality, etc.), I'd suggest looking at other options.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Welcome to the forum! I'm not aware of tinting on the configurator, either. My dealer had a trusted supplier tint my windows before I picked it up. Be sure that the tint doesn't violate the law of your state or province.

drkgt3rs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3RS
Country flag
22 GTS sedan, no tinted windows, May delivery

OP
OP

sl32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Thanks all! Kind of a bummer. It looks amazing in the photos. I’m in CA and our Tesla Model X came with tinted windows from the factory, so it’s probably not illegal in California. I’ll ask my dealer if they have a contractor that can do it.

The wait is more of an issue I guess. I’d be ok with 12 month, but 24 is a long time. Only upside would be if they launched a new battery, with more efficient motor for the Macan E. Having owned Teslas for the last 7 years I was quite shocked to learn that the Taycan is using 400-600 wh/m in daily driving.
Sponsored