SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 996.2 C2 Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Hi guys, I've read that we could be getting the GTS available to order from Nov 21, delivery mid 22. Does anyone have any more info? I have a deposit on a Turbo and a provisional deposit with the dealer on a GTS. He's adamant there won't be a GTS available to order until the back end of 22 and delivery 23! Of course I cant wait that long. I want to be into a car by summer next year.

The GTS style is definitely the sweet spot for me in all the other model ranges. I initially had a deposit on a 4S. But i want that many options on the 4S that are standard on the turbo, I did the man maths and changed it up.

The build I have is: PN4UA7A2

You can guess, most of the styling I've added, especially all the black (which is crazy expensive) will be standard on the GTS. If it had the power of the 4S with the spec I've chose I think it'll be perfect

Anyone have any more ideas/info?

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS to be announced this year? iris (1)

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS to be announced this year? iris (2)

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS to be announced this year? iris (3)

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS to be announced this year? iris (4)

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS to be announced this year? iris (5)

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS to be announced this year? iris

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Hi, I’m sure you’ve seen this thread: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/the-case-for-the-gts.5938/page-3#post-92877

Like you I have had a deposit in for the GTS model since April this year. Last I heard from the dealer was just over a month ago when he told me mid November this year for it being on the configurator and expected delivery 1st/2nd quarter 2022.

There is obviously no guarantee on these dates but a lot of things are indicating it will be coming in November. With regards power it’s looking like this:

4S+ - 360kW - 0-60 in 3.8 seconds
GTS - 390kW - 0-60 in 3.5 seconds (guessing!)
Turbo - 460kW - 0-60 in 3.0 seconds

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Hi, I’m sure you’ve seen this thread: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/the-case-for-the-gts.5938/page-3#post-92877

Like you I have had a deposit in for the GTS model since April this year. Last I heard from the dealer was just over a month ago when he told me mid November this year for it being on the configurator and expected delivery 1st/2nd quarter 2022.

There is obviously no guarantee on these dates but a lot of things are indicating it will be coming in November. With regards power it’s looking like this:

4S+ - 360kW - 0-60 in 3.8 seconds
GTS - 390kW - 0-60 in 3.5 seconds (guessing!)
Turbo - 460kW - 0-60 in 3.0 seconds
Do you have any thought on the pricing and if it will between the 2 models (4S to Turbo) ? Thanks

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you have any thought on the pricing and if it will between the 2 models (4S to Turbo) ? Thanks
Purely guess work at the moment but for sure it will sit between the 4S and Turbo with regards pricing. In UK the 4S with performance plus battery is 88K, Turbo comes in at 116K so I would guess at a 100K starting price

Based on the power increase being around 30 percent more than the 4S that would put the price at around 96K but with expected performance tweaks like possibly RWS included and more likely alacantra/full leather plus different wheels and maybe body styling tweaks I think 100K is a good bet.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Purely guess work at the moment but for sure it will sit between the 4S and Turbo with regards pricing. In UK the 4S with performance plus battery is 88K, Turbo comes in at 116K so I would guess at a 100K starting price

Based on the power increase being around 30 percent more than the 4S that would put the price at around 96K but with expected performance tweaks like possibly RWS included and more likely alacantra/full leather plus different wheels and maybe body styling tweaks I think 100K is a good bet.
It won't be a 30% power increase - even the Turbo isn't that much (460 vs 360 is a 27% increase). It will probably be a 6-8% increase I imagine. The main difference is likely to be in the styling with lots of black and lower suspension.

NickUK

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A35
Country flag
My dealer (UK) is also giving me a Nov announce date for the GTS, along with the Sport Turismo, so my deposit is down with them for a GTS ST, although I’d take a 4S ST if only that was available.
God knows when it would arrive - he also said March but based on what’s been happening I can’t see it being before June

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It won't be a 30% power increase - even the Turbo isn't that much (460 vs 360 is a 27% increase). It will probably be a 6-8% increase I imagine. The main difference is likely to be in the styling with lots of black and lower suspension.
Fair point I was just trying to illustrate the difference in kW rating with 4S being 360 and Turbo being 460 with GTS coming in at 390 it’s a 30% increase over the 4S so does not sit bang in the middle which would have been 410.

It’s been a long wait so can’t wait to see what is actually delivered, agree most of it will be styling with more than likely GTS in the headrests etc

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer (UK) is also giving me a Nov announce date for the GTS, along with the Sport Turismo, so my deposit is down with them for a GTS ST, although I’d take a 4S ST if only that was available.
God knows when it would arrive - he also said March but based on what’s been happening I can’t see it being before June
I was told only the Saloon version will be announced in November…my preference would also be a ST but not sure I can keep on waiting!

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
According to my info (I've seen on a screen) power is +20kW, base. Overboost was not shown.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
I was told only the Saloon version will be announced in November…my preference would also be a ST but not sure I can keep on waiting!
As I know, GTS is configurable from the 17th of November, first deliveries in December. It is in the EU, about other markets I have no info. I am still sure, ST GTS will be introduced at the same time, or just slightly later.

NickUK

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A35
Country flag
Know what you mean! I’ve bought a newly new Turbo saloon which I pick up on Saturday to see me through until the ST arrives, whenever that will be.
Will also give me a chance to try out some of the options as it’s as decent spec, which will help my decision making at build time

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Know what you mean! I’ve bought a newly new Turbo saloon which I pick up on Saturday to see me through until the ST arrives, whenever that will be.
Will also give me a chance to try out some of the options as it’s as decent spec, which will help my decision making at build time
Very nice you did well to get hold of a Turbo to see you through and good strategy to work out which are the must have options. I renewed the lease on my M3P until next April which in reality I would think is the earliest I’ll get to have one. The ST is definitely the one to go for as it’ll be the CT without the crazy arches round the wheels which for me are a non starter. Roll on 17th November!!

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
This has got me thinking. I booked a build spot for a 4S. Car locks in on Oct 7th, production Nov and arrival mid December. But my 4S is around $145k. So I believe the GTS would be ideal. The wait is not an issue for me. My dealer never mentioned GTS and Ive been debating too long between a 4S and a turbo. Do you think I can switch to a GTS waitlist, if I already paid deposit on a build slot ? I think my 4S would be higher priced than the GTS with similar specs. Plus resale would be better. I’m thinking how’s to best approach my dealer.

taycan_sportturismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 BMW 320i xDrive
Wait up, so your dealer HAS confirmed a Taycan Sport Turismo, and not just for the GTS trim?

NickUK

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A35
Country flag
Wait up, so your dealer HAS confirmed a Taycan Sport Turismo, and not just for the GTS trim?
He told me to expect an announcement in Nov which will be the Sport Turismo as well as a GTS.
How this plays out though is another thing: they might announce a saloon GTS only (for now) and an ST for other versions. Or maybe all at once - I don’t know.
In time though it makes sense for there to be a saloon, CT and ST in all versions.
He was confident enough to allow me to move my deposit to the waitlist ahead of the official announcement so I can order as soon as it’s available.
With all the production delays though, maybe they will push this back a few months - just have to wait and see.
Sponsored