Taycan GTS to be announced this year?

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
My local Porsche contact person called me yesterday with that, they have a GTS allocation/build slot for December, 2021(!). My original plan was spring time. Winter is kind of dangerous heir with Wild-East-Style drivers in rubbish cars without winter tires so want to avoid it for the begging...
When I asked it he said the next allocation is July (Taycan GTS, not CT or ST). So decided to book December. This time 1-3 month delay is almost standard. We will see...

In fact it is not "last year's Turbo", just 30HP up to 4S (overboost figures are not known yet).
Turbo stays as it is. But nothing 100% it is the data my dealership received preliminary.
That’s great !
Will have new wheels, expectedly some new colors next to the 30PS power up and Race Tex (former Alcantara) interior. If you see the difference 911S per 911 GTS will be very similar. We will see soon, expectedly on 11.17 as a targeted date of GTS config pops up.

GTS versions sometime over hyped, anyway. It is in fact a package model (4S) with slightly increased power, some sound deadening out, re tuned suspension to the sporty side. Plus Alcantara inside and blacked out elements outside. Big surprise is not expected.
Cool ! please share any info you get on the GTS. When do you expect delivery with a dec build slot ?
Sponsored

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
That’s great !

Cool ! please share any info you get on the GTS. When do you expect delivery with a dec build slot ?
if no delay, in December. We receive cars heir in 3-5 days after the production is finished. On the other hand semiconductor issue makes 1-3 months delay in general. This is what I hope. I would be happier to take it after winter.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
The German Geheimdienst says that we may see +50kW in the GTS... and I have an unofficial allocation for a February GTS delivery. This requires to walk into the dealer on "configuration day", aka November 17th, and signing on the spot :).

I hope that the 50kW are real and not the 30 PS... we will see.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
FWIW: 50kw sounds reasonable being exactly halfway between 4s and Turbo

OP
OP
SushiStu

SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 996.2 C2 Coupe 6MT
Country flag
FWIW: 50kw sounds reasonable being exactly halfway between 4s and Turbo
my dealer swears blind he’s heard nothing. That being said I have £1000 deposit with them to have first refusal as soon as it’s announced.

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
I really doubt a GTS fits in the Taycan lineup.
Also, Taycan sales are skyrocketing while supply is behind.
So business-wise a new version doesn't make any sense.

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I really doubt a GTS fits in the Taycan lineup.
Also, Taycan sales are skyrocketing while supply is behind.
So business-wise a new version doesn't make any sense.
A GTS always fits into the Porsche model range and follows the pattern we are seeing here by coming along after all the other models have been out for a while. It generates more publicity (think of all the YouTube reviews we are going to see) and encourages some of the current owners to think about upgrading from base/4S along with of course pulling in new buyers.

In addition it is normally seen as the sweet spot for value/performance. Currently that is held by the 4S model but given that the 4S is the most popular model when it comes to resale that model will be more available in the 2nd hand market most likely meaning it’s value drops quicker.

The GTS model on the other hand will be rarer/less available meaning it’ll most likely hold its value better (also due to it having more options as standard)

So 100 percent the GTS fits in the Taycan lineup and who knows it may well kick off the new Sport Turismo lineup too.

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
A GTS always fits into the Porsche model range and follows the pattern we are seeing here by coming along after all the other models have been out for a while. It generates more publicity (think of all the YouTube reviews we are going to see) and encourages some of the current owners to think about upgrading from base/4S along with of course pulling in new buyers.

In addition it is normally seen as the sweet spot for value/performance. Currently that is held by the 4S model but given that the 4S is the most popular model when it comes to resale that model will be more available in the 2nd hand market most likely meaning it’s value drops quicker.

The GTS model on the other hand will be rarer/less available meaning it’ll most likely hold its value better (also due to it having more options as standard)

So 100 percent the GTS fits in the Taycan lineup and who knows it may well kick off the new Sport Turismo lineup too.
Agreed - but I obviously depends on the price point. 15k on top of 4S?

OP
OP
SushiStu

SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 996.2 C2 Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS to be announced this year? Screenshot 2021-11-05 at 13.45.23

11% increase from 4S to 4GTS on 911. So I imagine it will be similar.

Taycan 4S with performance battery+ is £87,936

My guess is GTS will be like the turbo, only available with the big battery so I imagine 11% on that price, making the Taycan GTS from £ in the UK at least. £97,609.

I'd rather spend £100k on a GTS than a similarly specced 4S purley on resale value alone.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
The German Geheimdienst says that we may see +50kW in the GTS... and I have an unofficial allocation for a February GTS delivery. This requires to walk into the dealer on "configuration day", aka November 17th, and signing on the spot :).

I hope that the 50kW are real and not the 30 PS... we will see.
I wish... What I saw on the dealer's screen in December, 2020 is +20kW. Would be a very pleasant surprise.