Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Posted 9 months ago and I still believe this will be the case. What I neglected to mention was a bit more HP than the 4S, but definitely not close to the Turbo.

I'm going to guess it will be a AWD car based on the 4S with some $40K in options as standard, and a price of around $130K. standard will be bigger wheels/brakes, sport chrono, exterior bits such as sport design, bigger battery, all the basic performance options and special 'deviated' interior. Just a guess based on the Panamera GTS...
Sponsored

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Perfect! I put my deposit down a month ago for next November ?
Had mine down for the GTS model since April and expect to get a call as soon as it’s announced to get it ordered…however the longer I have waited the more I’ve become content with it so current thinking is I am going to tell the dealer I do not want a model until the 2023 ones are out.

One fear I have is there’s been rumours about a refreshed Taycan model in 2023 (maybe targeting the 2024 models). If this is the case my guess is changes such as maybe more range will be added and almost certainly performance increases across the range (seeing as it’s mostly software) and maybe they get a decent rear camera!

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
Had mine down for the GTS model since April and expect to get a call as soon as it’s announced to get it ordered…however the longer I have waited the more I’ve become content with it so current thinking is I am going to tell the dealer I do not want a model until the 2023 ones are out.

One fear I have is there’s been rumours about a refreshed Taycan model in 2023 (maybe targeting the 2024 models). If this is the case my guess is changes such as maybe more range will be added and almost certainly performance increases across the range (seeing as it’s mostly software) and maybe they get a decent rear camera!
Oh that’s a dark path bud….just buy it now, enjoy it and then trade it in for a new one when you feel the time is right. ?

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Oh that’s a dark path bud….just buy it now, enjoy it and then trade it in for a new one when you feel the time is right. ?
Agreed! It’s like trying to work out when to upgrade your laptop etc to not have an outdated processor! I’m sure when it comes out logic will go out the window and an order will be placed ?

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag

Dot 2 (refresh/facelift whatever we call) model will come out at fall 2023. It is not a surprise. Porsche is doing .2 after 4 years, new model after 7 years. So waiting for (something new) is always an issue. The only problem you never buy if you walk on this way.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag

There will always be something newer and better around the corner. If that is your reason to postpone, you may be waiting forever. Life is too short. Go for it.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
So 100 percent the GTS fits in the Taycan lineup and who knows it may well kick off the new Sport Turismo lineup too.
It definitely fits into the range but won't be needed to boost sales for some time, since they can't supply the current models in a timely fashion yet.

I would think it would be stupid to introduce it until orders tail off a bit. I can't think of a single commercially sensible reason for Porsche to do any such a thing in the near future.

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
[QUOTE="im85288, post: 105112, member: 3816"

So 100 percent the GTS fits in the Taycan lineup and who knows it may well kick off the new Sport Turismo lineup too.
It definitely fits into the range but won't be needed to boost sales for some time, since they can't supply the current models in a timely fashion yet.

I would think it would be stupid to introduce it until orders tail off a bit. I can't think of a single commercially sensible reason for Porsche to do any such a thing in the near future.
[/QUOTE]
It IS being introduced in mid- to late Nov.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

It is simply done. Build slots are fixed (dates an numbers are already shared with dealerships in EU) that means GTS production is programmed already and will be produced these (GTS) cars for sure. Although it will take places on the production line from other variations but not resulting situation to assembly less cars, just less Turbo, 4S etc. So they will not lose capacity with it, but offering more colorful model range.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
It is simply done. Build slots are fixed (dates an numbers are already shared with dealerships in EU) that means GTS production is programmed already and will be produced these (GTS) cars for sure. Although it will take places on the production line from other variations but not resulting situation to assembly less cars, just less Turbo, 4S etc. So they will not lose capacity with it, but offering more colorful model range.
Still seems stupid to do something which can potentially re-energise sales when orders are already way higher than they can supply.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Still seems stupid to do something which can potentially re-energise sales when orders are already way higher than they can supply.
Porsche philosophy is from the beginning to keep demands higher than production. They are not afraid from situations like this. Especially the opposite. They never produce enough GT3 by far but still introduce GT3 RS, GT2RS... Taycan just joined the group now.
Thinking differently.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Remember though that the GTS may be in Sport Turismo guise rather than Cross Turismo (that's what I'm hoping for) which opens the range further rather than detract from the Criss variants. Still dilutes the range I guess but Porsche are masters of this type of segmentation.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Remember though that the GTS may be in Sport Turismo guise rather than Cross Turismo (that's what I'm hoping for) which opens the range further rather than detract from the Criss variants. Still dilutes the range I guess but Porsche are masters of this type of segmentation.
GTS will be in two guises, at least at the beginning:
1. Taycan (saloon)
2. ST
Sponsored