First Name
Rendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hello Taycan fans.

I have a GTS on order for April build and July 2022 delivery. All the info I have read online suggest that the GTS will have more rigid tune than the other variants.

Any thoughts on PDCC? It's quite a pricey option. I am going with RWS but unsure if PDCC is worth it or if I am better off saving some money and getting the 'raw' GTS suspension tune experience.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Izzone

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
yes....I can tell a big difference

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Do it if you plan to track. Otherwise for daily its a stiff ride.
I have it on my 992 Turbo. Rarely use it
I don't know for 992, but in I can see on the screen that it works on daily driving.
Of course, I feel that in every bend... it goes through as being on a railway.
It works even in Range mode.

In short: imo, it worth every € ($, ...)

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
Im in two minds about this too. I have PDCC on my 4S and I think I love it, and like B61, I tend to keep the graphic on and see it working in every corner. My issue is that, apart from an initial test drive, I havent driven a Taycan without it - certainly not in anger. I think i may have to drop it to keep my GTS spec to a sensible price tag but am nervous I will regret it having lived with it for 12 months and (probably) got very used to it on UK B-road driving.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I’m not planning on PDCC for my GTS - I don’t intend to track the car regularly, if at all, and want to manage the overall costs.

Clearly it’s not a fair comparison, but if the GT department choose not to have it on a GT3, then I’m not sure it’s essential for a Taycan!

it would be good to have a play at the PEC to see if you can feel much difference with and without.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
If possible, try to get a test drive with PDCC.
IMO, it's not the question are you going to track (or not)...

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
I'm not adding it to my Turbo and do have a few comfort oriented options I could (to some viewpoints) remove to add it but it comes to my use case. Primary use will be as a tourer, it will never go on track. I'll likely have a good chuckle with the max acceleration from lights, joining motorways and the odd European trip including the autobahn. I'll certainly enjoy country roads and roundabouts but I'm no pro driver, and don't intend to either lose my licence or potentially kill someone by exploring the car's max capability on public roads. So for me its a great bit of tech but I've got other priorities. Definitely on rear wheel steer though.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hello Taycan fans.

I have a GTS on order for April build and July 2022 delivery. All the info I have read online suggest that the GTS will have more rigid tune than the other variants.

Any thoughts on PDCC? It's quite a pricey option. I am going with RWS but unsure if PDCC is worth it or if I am better off saving some money and getting the 'raw' GTS suspension tune experience.

Thank you.
I think a few wise words from @f1eng will help here but I think he'd recommend most if not all chassis orientated options over any other gadgetry. So PTV+, RAS, and PDCC - Sports Chrono likely wouldn't feature even though is std on the GTS.

I've had PDCC once before on a Cayenne GTS and honestly didn't notice what it did but then I don't try too hard when on the road. I tried the same setup at Silverstone where you are encouraged to try as hard as you dare and I guess it must have saved me from something as I managed to keep it between the hedges!

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Technology should help/save us ... and if it happens once in a life time, it's good to have and all costs are justified.
I didn't use/need ABS for years... would one buy a car without that?

My $0.02

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Do it if you plan to track. Otherwise for daily its a stiff ride.
I have it on my 992 Turbo. Rarely use it
I am surprised you write that it is a stiff ride.
One of the main benefits of it should be the high speed stability of a stiff ARB but with the ARB actually disconnected at low lateral loads giving lower single wheel rates than a normal ARB.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hello Taycan fans.

Thank you.
It is debatable whether a driver of my limited talent will notice the difference in cornering but I currently have it selected in my 4S CT build for the reduced single wheel rate giving a nicer ride on the appalling Oxfordshire roads.

It is expensive and I have been and still am in 2 minds about it, though I am definite on torque vectoring and rear wheel steer.

I am friends with a driver who has done some of the development driving and he was somewhat surprised when I told him I wouldn't spec it, so I have for now.

FWIW I had chosen it over any of the choices in the "comfort and assistance systems" section where I think the surround view park assist is the only option worth the asking price to give you an idea of my priorities.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
PDCC is a must on higher center of gravity ICE cars, mostly on SUVs. On BEVs with very low center of gravity, especially with RWS it is not a good value for money although it is a nice option for advanced level track users.
I had a chance to test it on track and road as well, back to back. On roads up to forced drives no difference (or a very little) on track, experienced drivers can make advantages from it. Although inexperienced drivers are slower usually with it, since it takes a sense of horizontal moves of the car.
Also note that, on GTS torque vectoring is standard, that adds more, not to talk about RWS that is also adding a lot to the driving dynamics.
PDCC would be the last to add, especially low riding BEVs.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PDCC is a must on higher center of gravity ICE cars, mostly on SUVs. On BEVs with very low center of gravity, especially with RWS it is not a good value for money although it is a nice option for advanced level track users.
I had a chance to test it on track and road as well, back to back. On roads up to forced drives no difference (or a very little) on track, experienced drivers can make advantages from it. Although inexperienced drivers are slower usually with it, since it takes a sense of horizontal moves of the car.
Did the car with PDCC have a worthwhile smoother ride on the straight bits?
For me that is a bigger attraction for the system than a small reduction in roll angle.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Did the car with PDCC have a worthwhile smoother ride on the straight bits?
For me that is a bigger attraction for the system than a small reduction in roll angle.
Not at all. Taycan is rock solid, and PDCC is the system that is for horizontal equalization on the sides of the car.
Sponsored