First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
@Bognar67 : congrats on your licence :clap:
i’m just an ordinary driver, I even do not enjoy in speeds over 150km/h, but I‘ve seen importance of ABS several times in last 30 years (i didn’t know what ABS means before 1990), and I’m very pleased to have all those features in myCT4.
i’m not saying that all (of you) needs to have them…I just said that based on my own experiences, PDCC brings a lot to the safe/stable drive. That’s why (again, imo) it justifies costs for me.
Sponsored

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
i’m just an ordinary driver, I even do not enjoy in speeds over 150km/h, but I‘ve seen importance of ABS several times in last 30 years (i didn’t know what ABS means before 1990), and I’m very pleased to have all those features in myCT4.
i’m not saying that all (of you) needs to have them…I just said that based on my own experiences, PDCC brings a lot to the safe/stable drive. That’s why (again, imo) it justifies costs for me.
Did you have a Taycan without PDCC to compare?
(Comparing your Taycan/PDCC with your previous non Taycan non PDCC cars is useless.)

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Yes, I tested twice RWD without PDCC.
that’s why I suggested OP to test, if possible.

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
We did try ABS until it got banned (I did a development programme with Michael Schumacher) we had very effective traction control too and car settings which I could programme to be different on different parts of the circuit but these got banned. I was responsible for the Williams F1 active suspension which won a few races.
Frank, I have less knowledge of cars than anyone else on these forums. Most of it doesn’t even interest me and that which does I rarely understand, but whenever I see you’ve written something I am compelled to read it. I’m sure you don’t need the admiration of some guy on an online forum, but it’s Christmas so you can have it.

Please continue to contribute long after your Taycan arrives.

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
Frank, I have less knowledge of cars than anyone else on these forums. Most of it doesn’t even interest me and that which does I rarely understand, but whenever I see you’ve written something I am compelled to read it. I’m sure you don’t need the admiration of some guy on an online forum, but it’s Christmas so you can have it.

+1 ☝To what he said

When you talk/write I am compelled to listen! I love f1 so totally understand that the knowledge you have is immense. Please do continue to contribute…you have your own fan club

Reactions: B61

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Do it if you plan to track. Otherwise for daily its a stiff ride.
I have it on my 992 Turbo. Rarely use it
PDCC has very little effect on the ride. In fact, ride should be somewhat improved over normal sway bars since PDCC is basically a dynamically adaptive roll stabilization system that stiffens only when required to prevent chassis sway. Additionally, PDCC provides a measure of security on uneven pavement since, unlike stiff sway bars, it can react to help keep tires in contact with the pavement.

Also, PDCC can't be turned on or off; it is active whenever you drive the car. The stiffness settings can be adjusted with the PDCC button on your Turbo along with other chassis parameters when you engage sport mode but PDCC itself is actually never turned off and the car is always "using" it.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag

Thanks Tom,
I am sure I will continue to bang on after my Taycan arrives.

I am excited but frustrated I haven't even had any indication when it may go into production 5 months after I placed my order :(

Anyway it is probably best to get it once the weather picks up in spring.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am sorry but Taycan is a very safe and stabile drive car even without PDCC. This feature is simply not able to "bring a LOT", it is not true. As you subscribe your driving style, you should feel nothing. It starts to become sensitive on spirited drive with relatively high G forces. Otherwise it has no function there is no body roll to dynamically compensate. On NORMAL mode it lets more or less the same body roll than without it. It stiffen up in SPORT and SPORT+ modes (offering higher stabilization forces on the ARB).
The attached 1st photo shows my drive testing the PDCC system on PEC Hockenheimring in a Turbo S NORMAL mode. You can see significant body roll against of PDCC.
Than 2nd photo on track (much higher speed/G-force) in SPORT+ where body roll is less. This is when PDCC is working on "full". NORMAL mode/normal drive it is simply not noticeable.
Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS - to PDCC or not? Porsche Track Experience_E-Warm-up PEC Hockenheimring_821521_00200 (1)
Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS - to PDCC or not? Porsche Track Experience_E-Warm-up PEC Hockenheimring_821521_01118 (1)

Last edited:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
i can see on a display, how PDCC works….
i can feel in every bend that I’m going through….
i can also monitor G force…
… and you are saying that’s not true.
OK, I rest my case, you won.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i can see on a display, how PDCC works….
i can feel in every bend that I’m going through….
i can also monitor G force…
… and you are saying that’s not true.
OK, I rest my case, you won.
As I mentioned it at very first, I offer PDCC on higher ride/center of gravity cars. CT is a little bit on that end. For that (CT) I rather propose it/would choose.
But come on, this post is about GTS ...
Overall feeling a "lot" in every bend normal drive (compare to same car w/o PDCC) shows extra high sense of drive. I am not on that level honestly.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Keep in mind that the suspension spring stiffness is also adjusted with the drive modes (this is the multi chamber at work), so your overall roll stiffness is not only due to PDCC.
My CT has PDCC optioned and it actually feels pretty similar to the non-PDCC sedan I wrangled through the canyons. An owner/engineer who is sensitive to suspension frequencies and damping will feel the difference for sure. For me it actually feels a little under-damped in the normal mode which I’m more sensitive to than the wheel rate honestly. They’re both smooth, but the non-PDCC had 19” wheels which may have contributed.
I don’t think the difference is too large, but I will say that my PDCC CT corners flatter and is more responsive than the non-PDCC sedan in the canyon setting. That said, I’m a little old school and I actually appreciate a little bit of roll and settling into corners.
Definitely drive both in the canyons and on some shitty roads, many people really won’t notice or care, and those that do might even prefer one over the other.
I’m going to swap my 4S CT for a ST GTS and this is the one option I’m waffling on.
Also, I’m an engineer.

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
PDCC is one of the very differentiating tech Porsche offers.

RWS and HUD are others e.g.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
PDCC is one of the very differentiating tech Porsche offers.

RWS and HUD are others e.g.
Lots of companies offer RWS and HUD (and presumably similar technology to PDCC).

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, VW Golf GTI Mk8, Ford Raptor 6.2L
Country flag
I have a Cherry Metallic Taycan GTS on order for a February build and May '22 delivery from Porsche Dallas. Ordered RWS and Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (PDCC Sport) with 21" Spyder wheels. Skipped the glass roof.

The PDCC was highly recommended by my salesman who said it did not make the ride hard on the GTS and the $3600 additional cost seemed acceptable given the rest of the performance designed into this model. As I tend to keep my cars for a long time, didn't want to regret skipping an important performance option. Not planning to track this car but we do have a number of great high speed roads in the Texas countryside and wanted the additional stability.

Would appreciate any thoughts on the 18 way Adaptive Sport Seats versus the 14 way Power Seats. Both are no additional cost on the GTS. Ordering RaceTex (leather-free) interior.

Thanks

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have a Cherry Metallic Taycan GTS on order for a February build and May '22 delivery from Porsche Dallas. Ordered RWS and Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (PDCC Sport) with 21" Spyder wheels. Skipped the glass roof.

The PDCC was highly recommended by my salesman who said it did not make the ride hard on the GTS and the $3600 additional cost seemed acceptable given the rest of the performance designed into this model. As I tend to keep my cars for a long time, didn't want to regret skipping an important performance option. Not planning to track this car but we do have a number of great high speed roads in the Texas countryside and wanted the additional stability.

Would appreciate any thoughts on the 18 way Adaptive Sport Seats versus the 14 way Power Seats. Both are no additional cost on the GTS. Ordering RaceTex (leather-free) interior.

Thanks
18-way vs 14-way - if possible try a car with without before finalising your decision.

Apart from the slightly different appearance the main ergonomic difference is the height of the seat bolsters which is higher (obviously) than the 14-way. This can make ingress / egress to the car that bit more difficult (it is already awkward for some as standard) and inevitably will place more wear (creases) on the 18-way.

On the basis you're selecting items like PDCC and want to 'experience' it then 18-way will keep you snugger in the car. Whilst the car will corner flatter still you will be pushed left and right depending on hard you are trying!

The chassis of the Taycan is already a star performer aided by a very low centre of gravity which leads to a flatter ride from the get go. PASM + air suspension enhance this further on top of which is layered PTV+. My view that adding PDCC on top of all this may / may not be discernible but this will likely be governed by how hard you drive / corner. Obviously you can display PDCC in action on the digital cockpit (to help justify the cost!).

Ideally, what you should try if able are comparably specked cars one with PDCC and one without, say a 4S or Turbo, and not be told which car has PDCC until you've driven both - you might be surprised.

It's not a question of harder ride per se (setup in GTS models is always stiffer than the others in the range) but a more sporting feel. The ride in all models is top drawer as it is (most have air suspension).

Rear Axle Steering (incl Power Steering Plus) would be the option to add before PDCC and if budget permits then why not have both.
Sponsored