Taycan GTS vs Turbo - 0-60 acceleration noticeable?

Z03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hello - Is the 0-60 acceleration difference between the GTS and Turbo noticeable?
Sponsored

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Hello - Is the 0-60 acceleration difference between the GTS and Turbo noticeable?
About 0.4s? 3.3 v 3.7s. (Turbo S = 2.9s).

I’d suggest it’s noticeable but not meaningful, given the number of 0-60mph runs you’re likely to do!

The GTS is about much more than 0-60mph.

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
Did I not read somewhere that Porsche has “unofficially” trimmed 0-60 for turbo s and turbo (2,6s and 2,9s respectively from dead stop, launch control) by sw tweaks? This seems to be consistent with the 2,4s (1 foot roll-out) for turbo s from Car and Driver. Ps. the Official times on porsche website are 2,8s and 3,2s

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Noticeable - no one on the forum will likely have driven the GTS to give an accurate comparison!

Only time you'll notice will be on Launch so probably rarely if ever.

285kph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW X5 - 2021 Taycan - 2022 BMW X5 45e
Country flag
Launching the car by oneself from a traffic light, with no direct or back-to-back comparison, I doubt one can consistently tell a 10% difference in acceleration. Wildcard here is how Porsche decides to fine-tune the launch.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
There is a good comparison on Youtube where a turbo and Turbo-S are compared - But the S only has 50% ish battery and ends up slower than the turbo on 80%+ battery. Not what they set out to prove.

So it looks like the difference between adjacent model performance steps can be overcome simply in a difference in battery charge level.

Of course if the higher power model has more battery charge - then the differential is enhanced more than stated in the spec.

To be controversial - IMHO It's all a bit artificial - away from a track - any Taycan will outperform any opportunity to fully exploit it's performance. For me the biggest differentials are looks and standard equipment provision.

FWIW

Cheers

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
About 0.4s? 3.3 v 3.7s. (Turbo S = 2.9s).

I’d suggest it’s noticeable but not meaningful, given the number of 0-60mph runs you’re likely to do!

The GTS is about much more than 0-60mph.
From what I've seen, the turbo is 3.0s, and TTS is 2.6s. Even for 0-100Km (62mph), it's 3.2s.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
From what I've seen, the turbo is 3.0s, and TTS is 2.6s. Even for 0-100Km (62mph), it's 3.2s.
My figures were for the CT version (Saloon is 0.1s quicker?), taken from the Porsche website. Porsche’s official figures are notoriously conservative.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My figures were for the CT version (Saloon is 0.1s quicker?), taken from the Porsche website. Porsche’s official figures are notoriously conservative.
ah ok, and I've only checked the sedan's figures.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Is 0-60 what matters to you or how the car feels? Outside of boost, in normal driving, the Taycan turbo has a about 20% more power. I have the Turbo, and you certainly notice the different - but my test drives in the 4S never left my feeling like it lacked get up and go.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Ive done a 0-60 time of 2.84 in my turbo
Carwow got similar on 21" wheels. On the one hand, there's quite a difference (in % terms) between 0-60mph, 0-100kph, US rollout numbers for the same Taycan variants...on the other, I found flat-out standing-start acceleration in "just" a 4S a bit unpleasant- I went for the Turbo so I know I'll always have enough poke at any speed...how often I'll use it is another matter.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Carwow got similar on 21" wheels. On the one hand, there's quite a difference (in % terms) between 0-60mph, 0-100kph, US rollout numbers for the same Taycan variants...on the other, I found flat-out standing-start acceleration in "just" a 4S a bit unpleasant- I went for the Turbo so I know I'll always have enough poke at any speed...how often I'll use it is another matter.
I use it all the but then again it has only been a couple of weeks so I’m still in the honeymoon phase. I took the 911 out yesterday, which is similar to the 4S in terms of acceleration and it’s no slouch either. The turbo is just a little bit more fun.
Sponsored