Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I just called my insurance company Amica to take my Tesla M3P off since it’s sold the other day. Interestingly enough, I also got my VIN number today for my GTS so I figured I’ll get a insurance quote too…

Premium for 19’ Tesla was 1300 per year w/1000 deductible

Taycan quote was 2400 for the year, seems high but I’ve never had a 150k car before ….also 1000k deductible (250k/500k)

we also usually receive 400-700$ dividend check per year reducing the premium …

I’m 48, married , both of us have clean driving record in Connecticut

not so sure I’ll shop It as Amica has been amazing over the years …

anyone care to share what they’re paying for Insurance for Taycan in the US ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

lwc1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I just called my insurance company Amica to take my Tesla M3P off since it’s sold the other day. Interestingly enough, I also got my VIN number today for my GTS so I figured I’ll get a insurance quote too…

Premium for 19’ Tesla was 1300 per year w/1000 deductible

Taycan quote was 2400 for the year, seems high but I’ve never had a 150k car before ….also 1000k deductible

I’m 48, married , both of us have clean driving record in Connecticut

not so sure I’ll shop It as Amica has been amazing over the years …

anyone care to share what they’re paying for Insurance for Taycan in the US ?

I have a tesla MYP in california, insured thru farmers $1001/6 months, deductible $100 comp/$500 collision. Got a quote for CT4 $1536 same coverage as the tesla.

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
California: $580/6-month, $100K/$300K with $250 deductible with Connect. Includes rental cover at $50/day, which I do need to call to update, my rate will probably go up slightly.

The Taycan cost about the same as our Polestar 2 to insure, they're within a few dollars of each other on the breakdown.

OP
OP
Redhot2474

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
California: $580/6-month, $100K/$300K with $250 deductible with Connect. Includes rental cover at $50/day, which I do need to call to update, my rate will probably go up slightly.

The Taycan cost about the same as our Polestar 2 to insure, they're within a few dollars of each other on the breakdown.
Interestingly enough I was playing with the “rental” figures today online - I noticed if I went from $30/day(cap at 550$) to no limit per day just a cap at 5k, the increase in premium for 2 cars was 120 per year - no brainer !

Last edited:

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
Interestingly enough I was playing with the “rental” fugue’s - I noticed if I went from $30/day(cap at 550$) to no limit per day just a cap at 5k, the increase in premium for 2 cars was 120 per year - no brainer !

Good to know! I had it set at $50 for the longest time and never changed it. Do need to call this week anyways to add a vehicle.

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Funny this thread just came up. I have a 22 RWD in California and started paying 1K every 6 months in April via USAA. They just notified me it has gone up to $1300?! No reason why. No accidents no tickets. I’ve gotten better looking in past 6 months…but I’m pretty sure my car is older. I need to call to find out what’s the deal.

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I use esurance for a while, I have not call to shop insurance quotes, car still 1 month away but usually was very good pricing.

Just removed my RR sport, 95k sticker and monthly premium went down $90.

Volvo xc90 + RR sport I was paying $180/month. Now XC only $88.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Why so low on the deductible?

It’s probably worth checking the cost difference of higher deductibles.

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I went with state farm, which ended up being way less than allstate / progressive. If you are in the NY area, I’m happy to connect to my agent. It’s around $1500 / yr

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Here in the Phoenix AZ USA area, I pay US$1414 per year with Auto-Owners Insurance Company inclusive of the following discounts for my 2022 RWD:
-- paying the premium in full (15%)
-- anti-theft device (10%)
-- ABS (5%)
-- air bags (35%)
-- multi-car (discount unknown)
-- bundle home and vehicles (discount unknown)
My policy has a US$1000 deductible for comprehensive (including full glass zero deductible) and collision.

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
$860/6 mos in Cali thru USAA, 22 taycan CT4. we have the highest coverages with them but no rental car reimbursement bc we have three cars. $1000 deductible. I called around and no other insurance company offered the same coverages and it was either the same cost or more. We have to add a 16 ye old in a few months so the premium is going to just about double 😭

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
$2.5k/year 😬. The collision alone is $1.5k ($1k deductible). I'll have a sit-down with my agent to make some tweaks.

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
I pay $936 every 6 months on the TTS. That's with a $500 comp. and $500 collision deductible. That said, allow me to get on my soapbox for a moment:

Everyone here has mentioned their comp and collision deductibles and one or two of you mentioned, I assume, your Bodily Injury coverage. I understand that because we're on a car forum and so we focus on damage to our vehicles. But while of course we want to protect our vehicles, PLEASE make sure that you are protecting yourself and your family.

To do that, you need adequate UNinsured and UNDERinsured Motorist coverage. The UM and UIM coverage is the most important part of your policy because it protects you, your family, and anyone riding with you if some random driver takes you out. Comp and collision protect your car. BI protects other drivers. UM and UIM protect YOU. Not enough people know that.

Also, there's no reason not to shop your auto insurance around every year or so for better rates. Car insurance companies are loyal to their bottom line and their stockholders, not their policyholders, so there's no reason for you to be loyal to them.
Sponsored

Last edited: