RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Yesterday I was driving home through a town that I am very familiar with which apparently had brand new speed bumps put in. I hit a speed bump at 30-35 MPH.

A few “highlights” from that experience:

-Full compression of the front suspension including full contact with the bump stops.
-Light scrape of the underside in the front
-Front of the car got slightly airborn and then the rear.

I pulled over immediately to check things out. Absolutely no damage to the car except a light scrape in a place that is behind the front lip. No damage to my 21 inch wheels either. I think the fact that I was riding at the “normal” ride height made a big difference. Car still drives as smooth as silk.

I am still amazed that there was no damage. Most of us baby these cars…(including me) but the Taycan is definitely built tough 👍
Sponsored

DES_MX

First Name
DES_MX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan4 CT
Country flag
I put mine on high or lift when entering residential areas (the ones with nasty bumps). What you can also do is hit gravel mode - it will lift right to high (if you need this super quick) or hotkey the lift mode.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
On non CT, the lift mode only works up to 30km/h correct?

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I put mine on high or lift when entering residential areas (the ones with nasty bumps). What you can also do is hit gravel mode - it will lift right to high (if you need this super quick) or hotkey the lift mode.
Believe me, if I had known that there were speed bumps on this road, I would have handled it differently.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sounds like those were not painted to make it more visible. I have gone over some unpainted ones faster than I’d like but luckily never at your speed. Glad nothing serious happened to it.

mjw930

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, ‘21 Ridgeline (modded)
Country flag
From Porsche;

Another very useful standard function on the Taycan Cross Turismo is the Gravel mode driving programme. This is particularly helpful for journeys on light off-road terrain, such as gravel tracks or muddy roads. In this mode, ride height is raised by 20mm – or 30mm if you opt for the Off-Road Design package – at low speeds when compared with the saloon. Conversely, the Taycan Cross Turismo is lowered by 10mm at speeds above 90km/h and 22mm when 180km/h is reached. This helps to improve road holding and aerodynamics at high speed. Elsewhere, the car’s throttle characteristics have also been specially designed for off-road driving in terms of power delivery and control.
Sponsored