Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
Key fob - has anyone had problems with the battery on the key fob? I’ve had to replace both at least once. The dealer feels it might be keeping the fobs too close to the car and they continue to communicate somehow.
Sponsored

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Key fob - has anyone had problems with the battery on the key fob? I’ve had to replace both at least once. The dealer feels it might be keeping the fobs too close to the car and they continue to communicate somehow.
Dealer's probably right - the FOBs will be active when near the car (the red light will flash intermittently). I haven't had to change the batteries in the FOBs in 14 months but they are kept well away from the car. A faraday cage would also probably do the trick!

Simpsonde

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Yip .. picked up my CT4 less than a month ago and have already had to change the battery twice. Waiting for my dealership to come up with a solution.

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
yup, got notification this morning after 6 months of ownership

OP
OP
Capt Mike

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
Yip .. picked up my CT4 less than a month ago and have already had to change the battery twice. Waiting for my dealership to come up with a solution.
I’m now keeping the fob in the house and haven’t had a recurrence at all.

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Not sure this is correct as I've left one FOB in the car for the past 16 months without a problem (yes in the garage).

Simpsonde

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I’m now keeping the fob in the house and haven’t had a recurrence at all.
Unfortunately that isn’t the solution in my case. My key is always kept indoors and only goes into/near the car when I’m driving it.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Not sure this is correct as I've left one FOB in the car for the past 16 months without a problem (yes in the garage).
Did you leave the fob in the cupholder?

SebastienBeun

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 992 Carrera S
Country flag
No issue for me in 15 months.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Leaving a fob in the car means you can't lock it nor will it be 'active' so hence why it hasn't had a problem.

agaurav

First Name
Gaurav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I have a Porsche Taycan 2021. They fey fob battery was low and I replaced it with a new battery. Just to make sure I measured the voltage of the old battery and it was 2.9V and the new was 3.3V. However, the dashboard still says that the battery of key fob is low after 2 days of changing the battery.

Is there a way to reset the warning indicator on the dashboard? I know the battery could be bad too but still wondering if there is some memory in the car dashboard perhaps?

Simpsonde

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Yip. Went through 3 batteries in a month. Dealer eventually fixed it by “reprogramming” the key. No idea what they did but it worked.