chicane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
i bet any money car was in hold position due to the steep incline, driver wanted to creep it further up hill but smashed the gas too hard to get it out of hold. Car is really difficult to creep when its in hold mode as I have this happen to me daily as i park in a tight drive way and need to get very close to the car in front of me.
Sponsored

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
i bet any money car was in hold position due to the steep incline, driver wanted to creep it further up hill but smashed the gas too hard to get it out of hold. Car is really difficult to creep when its in hold mode as I have this happen to me daily as i park in a tight drive way and need to get very close to the car in front of me.
But that wouldn't explain why they were turning right? If they wanted to go forward they would've straightened up. I still think they were unfamiliar with how to engage reverse. When I rented a car in Europe I felt so superior to all the Americans who couldn't drive stick... then spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to disengage the reverse lockout on that model... while in the middle of the street after trying to do a K-turn.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
But that wouldn't explain why they were turning right? If they wanted to go forward they would've straightened up. I still think they were unfamiliar with how to engage reverse. When I rented a car in Europe I felt so superior to all the Americans who couldn't drive stick... then spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to disengage the reverse lockout on that model... while in the middle of the street after trying to do a K-turn.
Unless it was his drive on the right and wanted to reverse a bit before entering? Then had problems knowing which pedal to press. . .

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (due Dec), Porsche GT3, Land Rover Discovery, VW Transporter T6, Mini Cooper (Classic)
Country flag
Wow...... that has certainly 'Taycan' off!

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
The damage to the A-pillar I'd say will write off that BMW. The Porsche prob come out of it okay.

The underside of the Taycan really is very flat.

UroDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
812 Superfast; AMG GT 53; Taycan 4S; DB11
Country flag
So ... here's the scoop from someone who says they are from the area.
Driver took delivery of car 2 hrs prior to this episode.
Was at friends house to show it to them.
Had the car in brake 'hold'.
Reached to back seat to grab an item and hit the accelerator by accident while twisting around to turn back.
Being new to the car's power, did not react in time.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Reached to back seat to grab an item and hit the accelerator by accident while twisting around to turn back.
That does make sense.

Are we calling a write off for the Taycan?

Bonglim

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I suspect the insurance co will being unfamiliar with the model history, someone will pick up a bargain I suspect. Hope he/she has GAP insurance!!
My understanding is most insurance companies will pay the retail price of the car in the first year anyway. Something we should be told when buying gap insurance! (Check to make sure that is right with your insurance before you trust what i say - it might be different with different companies)
This will probably be under the drive away insurance that you get for 5 days or something (from what i have heard).

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
My understanding is most insurance companies will pay the retail price of the car in the first year anyway. Something we should be told when buying gap insurance! (Check to make sure that is right with your insurance before you trust what i say - it might be different with different companies)
This will probably be under the drive away insurance that you get for 5 days or something (from what i have heard).
Yeah - guarantee it won't be simple!!

Nigel

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, Range Rover Evoque, Mini Cooper S, MGC Roadster...
Country flag
Thats really sad. Its got me scared as my drive is quite narrow and ill be parking it in there when it arrives next week :(
No need to worry, mines behaving impeccably.....

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well at least he did show the car off ;)

with that job done I bet he’s off to the pub..

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
It can happen to anyone but it happened to him / her. :surprised:
Sponsored